Cart #bonegrove-4 | 2020-01-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Description

A wandering knight embarks on a heroic quest to rid the Bonegrove of its skeleton infestation. But can the Undead Horde ever truly be eradicated?

Controls

• ←↑↓→ - Move
  • Z - Block
  • X - Attack

Tips

• Your shield blocks all attacks that hit it, at the cost of your stamina. Lower your shield to recover!
  • Your shield will glow for a moment after raising it. Any attacks that hit it during this time will be Deflected:
    • Deflect arrows to send them right back at the enemy.
    • Deflect a spear charge to stop an enemy in its tracks for an easy kill.
  • The timer shows how long you need to wait until another fruit grows somewhere in the Bonegrove, and its color indicates the type of fruit you will find. If you haven't eaten the last fruit by the time the next one grows, it will disappear.
  • You can't be under the effects of multiple fruits at the same time. If you find another fruit while you're still enjoying your last one, try saving it for later!
  • Enemies spawn faster as time goes on. Be sure to kill them quickly before the growing swarm of skeletons becomes more than you can handle!

Fruits

• [0x0]
    Apple - Heals a quarter of your health
  • [0x0]
    Orange - Increases your attack range
  • [0x0]
    Blueberry - Increases the deflect window
P#72383 2020-01-29 03:49 ( Edited 2020-01-29 17:44)

nice game - yet another Robotron variant!
possible tweak:

• improve feedback when player is hit (flash, hit sprite..?)
  • death blood particles feel a bit out of place (imho)

note: the game has a couple of performance issues.

• don’t bubble sort entities when drawing
  • don’t use per-pixel sget to draw sprite outline

Outline is usually done like:

• set all colors to 0
  • keep transparent color
  • draw black sprite with an offset:
 for i=-1,1 do for j=-1,1 do spr(id,x+i,y+j) end end
P#72397 2020-01-29 07:56 ( Edited 2020-01-29 08:02)

All great ideas, thanks @freds72! I sort of agree about those particles, but I was too lazy to draw a proper death animation at the time so I just hoped no one would notice, haha. And thanks for the outline tip-- that's way nicer than my method, can't believe I didn't think of that! I'll try to make these changes soon.

P#72415 2020-01-29 13:31

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-19 09:04:34 | 0.019s | Q:15