Cart #resurface-3 | 2024-10-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

System Rebooting...

GZ-Series Autonomous Mapping Platform, Serial No. 82910-K5

Multiple component errors detected due to EM Pulse and impacts sustained from fall

Mission-critical systems damaged and/or missing

Long-range radio inoperative

Recalculating mission parameters...

• Explore newly-discovered subterranian biome of exoplanet and reacquire 4 missing mobility components and 8 power cells
  • Attempt to resurface and rendezvous with mobile base to transmit stored data and receive necessary repairs

Minimal power remaining...

This is my entry for Pico1K Jam 2024, and my first attempt at a Metroidvania game. Hope you enjoy playing it!

V1.01: Wall jump behavior is now more consistent, and destructible blocks now differ slightly in appearance

It's impressive to see your first attempt at a Metroidvania game. The jumping and playing phenomena in Resurface are really captivating. geometry dash deadlocked

Oh boy, forgot to reset found powerups to 0. Thanks for the heads up, it's supposed to take longer than 5 seconds to beat. o_O

Good game, and incredible to see so much in such a tiny space. However, Is there a glitch here where collecting the 4 mobility components has drawn 4 terrain tiles in the upper left?

Also, does this mean I've collected everything and should be able to escape?

Am I supposed to wall jump up several corners without using my double jump, so I can use the double jump to get out at the very top?

I'm not sure I can manage the precise timing for that.

@Cowirrie,

Thanks,😊

Apparently I uploaded v1.01 with all the powerups turned on. this also could have caused some strange movement behavior. Got it fixed now.

bravo ... the substantial core of metroidvania ... the character's movements are very pleasant... a lot of cool ideas in 1k

⏳1868.1333
I vaguely suspect it can be improved but that's my very first attempt.
Cool 1K game great job 👌

@PBES-studio

Thank you,🙂

@Heracleum,

Somebody commented on my itch.io page that they beat it in 756 and got all 8 power cells. That's quicker than I did it.😳

I've completed this short game before the fix. The final jump was really tough since I seem to lose my double jump after starting wall jumpings. Are we supposed to lose double jump ability after couple wall jumpings?
I could only find 7 cells before. Maybe I could find the 8th one after breakable walls are visible now.

@Bloodbane,

After the fix you now always have the double jump, you just have to be pressing towards the wall for the initial jump. I realize the final wall is tricky, but I figured this shouldn't be a big problem because you can't die, and if it were easy, the ending would be rather anticlimactic, but I realize it's not perfect.

As for the destructible walls, they look almost the same, but the pattern is slightly different if you look closely.

[Please log in to post a comment]