Cart #loot_loot_goblin-2 | 2024-09-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

How much can you loot before greed becomes your downfall?

Loot Loot Goblin is a fast-paced arcade-style treasure hunt set in a deep, mysterious pit full of shiny loot, deadly traps and vicious enemies.

Take control of a goblin equipped with a magical satchel and grab as much treasure as you can before running out of light.

Controls

• Arrow Keys - movement
  • (X) you can use your satchel to pull any precious items towards you
  • (Z) you can push any precious items away from you with a dangerous velocity
  • Enter/P to Pause Menu, Return to Main Menu, Music on/off

(Alternative mapping to C is Z and to X is V)
Tip1: Any treasure pulled with the satchel gets multiplied.
Tip2: Try to jump into portals, they usually give good rewards.

For downloads, you can visit itch.io
For scoreboard and achievements, you can play at newgrounds

Acknowledgment

This game was made in Pico-8. Special thanks to all the playtesters; namely Achie, AAA Battery for early playtesting and Landon bree, carllacan for participating in the questionary.

Update 2024-09-07

• small visual fix in the tutorial, gameplay example youtube

I like it a lot! I started playing without using push and pull which just resulted in low scores, but once I'd read the instructions I really got into it. Its great fun sending bombs bouncing round the screen whilst trying to avoid the enemies. I love trying to blow up the enemy goblins that are taking MY treasure and this cart really has a case of "just one more go" every time I die.

Lovely graphics and absolutely beautiful presentation throughout. Such a polished cart that you should be really proud of.

One question though: in one of the "portal games" I was being shot at by big coins. Is it possible to leave this sub-game without dying?

@phil I'm glad to hear that you like it this much! Thank you.

You can get out of the big coin portal by defeating all the big coins. You can use "push" to repel their projectiles back at them or use it to push normal coins at them. They are a little bit sturdy, so it takes few hits. Hope this helps.

Awesome! I scored 1280 points before I had to be pulled back up.
I was mainly prioritizing my torch. (Did the goblin live?)

@Retro_Pup_Pico_8 Don’t worry, the goblin’s fine. He just got knocked out, but more importantly, he managed to secure a profit for his boss.

The presentation and art here is really good! The game play does really does make one want to play it again after dying, my best after quite a number of tries is around 4000.

Very nice artstyle!

That intro did it for me

[Please log in to post a comment]