Cart #blastodrome-0 | 2024-08-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Dodgeball + High explosives = BLASTODROME. Throw bombs across the field to score points, and don't blow yourself up!

Play with a friend in versus mode, or sharpen your skills against the AI in solo mode.

How to play

Score points by picking bombs up and throwing them into your opponent's half-court. The player with the highest score at the end of the timer wins.

If a bomb explodes inside your opponent's half-court, you win 1 point. But if it explodes inside their spawning corner, you score 3 points instead.

Power ups

A bomb can spawn one of three power ups when exploding:

• Shield: Protects you from one explosion
  • Speed boost: Increases your movement speed
  • Freeze: Traps your opponent in a block of ice

Controls

• D-Pad: Move/Aim
  • Circle: Throw
  • Cros: Dash / Cancel throw

Notes and tips

• Dashing allows you to dodge explosions, but can also be used to steal bombs held by your opponent
  • You cannot dash while carrying a bomb
  • You can get out of the ice faster by mashing the Circle and Cross buttons
  • Blood and music can be disabled in the option menu

Credits

Music is "Like Clockwork" by @Gruber

Based on Intercity 2048 A.D., a game @Scotaire, @PBES-studio and I made for the BBQ Game Jam 2024

Playtesting by the Little Cowboy Otter Family ❤️

perfect multiplayer game

Very nice game. alot of polish, awesome ui, cool effects and fantastic gameplay. Controls feel nice and movement is smooth. Dynamic camera is very well made and Power ups ensure for a twist in the gameplay.
There are many more things I like about this but I can't list them all...
I will definitely play and show this to my friends, great multilayer game :0
Thanks for this game

@cheesemug Thank you for the kind words, I'm glad you liked it!

have you tried putting a cyber cow? otherwise it's really good.

@PBES-studio Sadly I don't think there's any more token available for a cyber-cow :(

I can maybe try to squeeze out a few extra tokens. I love that game, and it would be cool to see even more done.

yeah that is the spirit !

@cheesemug I don't intend to implement new mechanics at the moment, but feel free to remix it! (and sorry in advance for the uncommented code...)

[Please log in to post a comment]