Cart #pendulum_by_gg1bbs-0 | 2024-07-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Controls - One Button Game

Keyboard: 'x' or 'c' keys
Touch: press 'O' or 'X' keys on the screen

Introduction

Thanks for checking out my first game Pendulum :D

If you give it a go, I'd love to hear from you!

Description

Pendulum is a one button momentum platformer powered by a mathematically accurate physics simulation

_

Credits

Game:

gg1bbs

Music:

RobbyDuguay - Nine Songs in Pico-8 - Track 3: Factory

SFX:

Gruber - Pico-8 SFX Pack!

Shout-Outs

Lazy Devs Academy

• https://www.youtube.com/@LazyDevs
  • Huge shoutout to Krystian from Lazy Devs Academy and his fantastic 'Making a Shmup' and 'Making an Advanced Shmup' series. Your content was an invaluable reference for getting up to speed on development in Pico-8

Pico-8 Community

• Thanks to the amazing, open Pico-8 Community. You made the experience of building my first game a blast!

Wow! So simple but so fun! I really loved this - what a great little bite-sized puzzler. The satisfaction of sending a piece through the air just to catch it is really great.

I'm stuck on 44 right now. Nice job!

This is a really cool idea for a physics puzzle game. For me, the jump in difficulty between 39 and 40 was too big. My total replays on stages 1-39 probably only added up to a couple dozen, whereas I used easily a couple hundred on level 40. Now I'm burned out and don't feel like dealing with level 41, so I'm probably done. I had lots of fun on the first thirty-odd levels, though.

Edit: I want to watch someone who is good at games play this.

@paloblancogames thanks for the kind words and feedback, I really appreciated it and good luck with the last few levels!

@PoorCosmo thanks for checking it out! If you do come back to the game, you might want to have another look at 40. If you didn't have too much trouble 1-39, I'm guessing there's another way to think about 40 which you'll find satisfying. Thanks again for trying the game, and for your feedback, it means a lot.

Really cool game, simple but very fun.

Addictive. Beaten the whole game. Nice project.

[Please log in to post a comment]