Cart #nuzfyeju-0 | 2024-07-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Berry is my very first PICO-8 game about exploring and collecting berries. I designed it with my 6 year old kid as the target audience (and he loves it!). There are no failstates, so kids can have all the platform fun without the frustration :)

Will you bake the berrypie?

This is the first version and it's completely playable from start to finish. I do still plan to add more sfx/music/polish. Feedback is very appreciated.

I did bake the berrypie! That was pretty fun even for us, ahem, slightly older than six year olds :).

Did your kid design the character? It's delightful!

This is great, The physics are smooth and I love the minimap animation! Keep it up!

It’s so fun to explore! I love the background lighting, especially in the higher areas, and the darkest area was actually kinda unnerving somehow. I loved the vibes though!

Wonderful cohesive little exploration game! I especially love the minimap.

Love the minimap!

love it, level design is smart and all the universe is great

this is great :D

just a couple of pieces of feedback on the controls:

• I would add a poke(0x5f5c, 255) to disable the btnp repeat behavior that can happen on the jumping if you accidentally hold the button down a little too long
  • getting into the proper position next to a ladder to make up/down work can be a bit difficult; maybe that zone should be bigger

So much to love here! The character is the cutest, the color choices and graphics convey great moods, the minimap and the 'tutorial' appearing when at home are really cool! Fantastic job on making this child-friendly, I appreciate that holes in the ground are not out to kill you & the platforming is a bit laid back on the precision. So motivated to explorate more of this cute world! Thank you very much for sharing this.

Nice short exploration game! I love the mini map, really helps in finding best route to take on my current situations.
Did find all berries and cooked the cake.

[Please log in to post a comment]