Cart #halloweenharpo-1 | 2024-07-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I made this little game just to see if I could figure out how to make an isometric game without using a tutorial so it's more a tech exercise than a game. But, if you miss tank controls or have nostalgia for 80s computer games that weren't quite ready to shed their arcade roots, then this might maybe be for you.

Nice game, cool tech
but..
it's July

Great, unique & weird flavor.

@kozm0naut Well, I've had the same The Cramps album in the CD in player in my car since february, so my brain is basically just one big halloween scramble

This is really cool! Did you use sprite stacking for the characters? This is a pretty dang good 3D platformer, probably the best I've played in pico8!

I appreciate how it highlights all the tiles on the height level you're on because without perspective platforming can become confusing and frustrating with different heights and distances looking similar in isometric games.

@Munchkin Thank you! And yes it's sprite stacking for characters and collectables

Such a awesome game, I love the overall style of the game alot. The Music is great. I think that the highlights are very well done, thanks for the game :)

[Please log in to post a comment]