Cart #sploders-0 | 2024-03-21 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My first Picotron project. It's a clone of a game called Chain Reaction I used to play on my C64 back in the day.

It's a two player game where you take turns in placing orbs on a tile grid. The object is to be the only player with orbs left on the board. Orbs can be placed on empty tiles and tiles where the player already has orbs. When there are one fewer orbs on one tile than there are neighbouring tiles the tile is said to be critical. Adding another orb to a critical tile will make the orbs splode. The orbs will be added to the neighbouring tiles. If they are occupied by the opponents orbs these change color.

Just try it, you'll understand despite my poor explanation.

TODO:

• There's some code cleanup to do. I appreciate any tips and tricks from whoever wants to have a look.
  • Sound! I don't understand anything about the sound features of Picotron, so any help or pointers are appreciated.
  • AI. I found a heuristic on the web that I'll want to implement. Two player games are not the most useful without the ability to play an AI.
  • It would be fun to make it run in a window in Picotron, with the option of starting it full screen. We'll see.

Anyway, enjoy. I appreciate any feedback you all have.

P#144071 2024-03-21 19:59

[Please log in to post a comment]