Cart #goth_golf_0_3_7-0 | 2024-02-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

You can also play it on itch.io

Featuring

• 44 levels
  • 1 cute goth
  • loads of different parts
  • buggy physics

Release notes

First public release, physics are still buggy, but since this is my first time programming physics in any engine, I am satisfied for now.

The concept could be expanded on mainly with adding more levels and improving the physics, but I am also open to any other suggestions.

Excited to start sharing stuff with the Pico-8 community!

Cheers,

Vaisko
vaisko.com
itch.io

P#141651 2024-02-19 16:51

Nice! This is fun to play and surprisingly intense during close calls! I got to level 6 and I would like to see more levels, but the life system feels a bit unforgiving.. maybe there could be some way of collecting or refilling hearts?

Also was a little confused by level 2 being so similar to level 1, I understand now it's missing the back wall but I think it might be more fun to skip to the next one to let the player know what the other levels will be like.

Good game! I really like your use of the color palette and the embellishments in your design, this game has a truly unique look for PICO-8. Thank you for sharing!

P#141657 2024-02-19 17:30

Hey kozmonaut,
I am happy to hear your thoughts.

Conceptually the game should be difficult, but I agree with the lives being a bit too unforgiving. I want to keep the game as simple as possible, so maybe just adding more lives could do the trick?

I have also noticed other players being confused with the levels being too similar, so shuffling the levels a bit might be a good option.

Anyway, thank you so much for your feedback!

P#141675 2024-02-20 10:35

[Please log in to post a comment]