Cart #monument_peaks_hackathon-0 | 2024-02-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a cart that I created as part of a team in 24 hours for the 2024 Binghamton HackBU Hackathon! I worked on the combat and gameplay, and my partner Liz worked on the procedural generation for the map in the background. Right now, it's very unfinished - there's a lot of stuff that I didn't get a chance to add, including changing enemy types based on the map, and what's there is often very unpolished. Still, this works as a good example of the potential of procedural generation in a PICO-8 game, and we will hopefully develop this more in the future!

Gameplay:
Find the four monuments, defend them, and save this land!
Once you find a monument, get close to it in order to summon the enemies you need to defeat
Use O to attack with your sword, and X to do a flaming dash attack.
The dash consumes 25% of your mana on use, which can be regenerated by standing in a mana pool

P#141627 2024-02-18 16:49 ( Edited 2024-02-18 16:49)

Hi @parchmentEngineer,
It's exciting to hear that there are plans to develop this game further in the future. The unfinished elements you mentioned, such as changing enemy types based on the map, only add to the anticipation of what's to come. Your commitment to refining and expanding the game showcases your dedication to delivering a polished and engaging experience.
tunnel rush

P#142393 2024-03-04 09:54 ( Edited 2024-03-04 09:58)

[Please log in to post a comment]