I bought Neko Puzzle the other day and absolutely love the game, but I've noticed that Metal Cat has a tendency to run into walls every so often when showing me solutions to levels that I've failed. On top of this, I lose a life another life when it does this. Is this maybe a bug? Oh, and I'm currently using the Windows XP version 1.21 and have been playing on the Hard difficulty setting. Any help or explanation for this problem would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

-colin

P#479 2007-11-19 19:29 ( Edited 2007-11-20 00:29)

Oh dear. No, that's not supposed to happen!

I couldn't manage to reproduce the bug. Perhaps you could tell me a few more things to narrow it down:

• How often does it happen roughly? Something like 1/10 times, or more like 1/100?
  • Do you use keyboard control, or mouse control?
  • Have you noticed it happening earlier or later on in the game?
  • Do you make moves ahead of time (instead of waiting for the end of each jump before making the next move).

Thanks
-J

P#480 2007-11-21 09:46 ( Edited 2007-12-13 22:52)

I just played five games, and Metal Cat went suicidal twice (out of fifteen total demonstrations). Both were around levels 21 or 22. The first time, an arrow popped up on him, as if the movement command had been processed twice (maybe? I don't know anything about programming, unfortunately). The second time MC ran into the wall, it was too quick for me to see anything. He (she? it?) didn't have any problems showing later levels (though I admittedly didn't get to see more than a couple), and I don't remember ever seeing him hit the wall in any lower levels.

As for how I play:
-I use the cursors on the keyboard.
-I usually wait until the cat gets to a spot before pressing the arrow to the next one, though I tend to get sort of 'on beat' with his landings, probably from playing too much DDR.
-I play full screen, if that would make a difference.

I'll keep tallying the results from my future games and let you know what turns up. It's not a HUGE problem, so please don't stress or fret or spend too much time trying to figure this out. I'll try to get you some more concrete statistics on this and even a screenshot if I can.

P#482 2007-11-25 08:43 ( Edited 2007-12-13 22:52)

Hey gnaw
Thanks for the detailed information. I still couldn't figure out what's going on though - I'm really stumped on this one. But at the very least, for the next version release I'll put in a safeguard which prevents the metal cat from using up one of your lives.

P#483 2007-12-13 17:52 ( Edited 2007-12-13 22:52)

[Please log in to post a comment]