Cart #8720 | 2014-04-19 | Embed ▽ | No License

Title: Help incoming
Version: canceled
Type: experimental (some sort of 3d space invaders)
Difficulty: 1.5/5

This level is a WIP, I was messing up with the character controls and realized I could make something completely different from the normal controls, there is yet much to do, maybe some tweaks with the control, a better aim system but mostly monsters and rooms it needs more work there in my opinion, but I would like yours too! what do you think of this gameplay? Should I add something? (like the idea of protecting a being while playing the level, some sort of companion or anything?) should I change something? (the gameplay, the monsters... anything) or should I delete something? anyway any comment is apreciated.

update: this project was canceled due to unfluid gameplay, it was just too anoying to go up and down to where you wanted and in the end I gave up, it would make more sense to use these controls on some sort of rage game where everything goes against you, but that wasn't my idea.
if anyone wants to work on this project or use it for something else, I won't stop you.

also, as a workaround for the life bug, I made a system of absoving/attacking, where you absorb your hits as hp if you are not attacking, there are no life boxes anymore. but it seems that you absorb more than you would lose if you were attacking if you get hit by the red cannon, I wonder why.

P#8596 2014-03-28 20:01 ( Edited 2014-04-19 11:45)

Woah!

And here I thought 3D gravity effects were just a gimmick! I sure used it as one...

You've got one amazing experimental game here! I understand Z-axis movement is hard, maybe there can be a way for zep to implement 3-Axis movement (Using Q and E as Up and down, W and S being Forward and Backward and A and D being left and right?) to improve the controls? So far using jump to brake is a good alternative though!

Now to try and find a way to use that for Starship Combat :P

P#8599 2014-03-28 22:07 ( Edited 2014-03-29 02:07)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 20:13:02 | 0.009s | Q:15