so, I need to know the players group and, if it's 0, how to change that, cause I want to do a mob wich can only be killed by its own bullets
also, when will voxatron add variable to the game, ones wich we can change so we could make something like a two sided story, without using an enormous number of rooms, thanks.
looking foward to everything, bye!

P#7719 2013-08-21 13:00 ( Edited 2013-08-23 20:26)

The default team for players is 1, but it's currently impossible for a monster to be hit by its own bullet. It's set up like this to avoid the common case of a bullet immediately colliding with the thing that emitted it. Perhaps this could be added as an option to the bullet: collide with emitter (after 1 second), or something like that.

Being able to have variations of rooms is something I've been thinking about lately, as there are many cases where a room should operate differently depending on the context. Apart from story-driven contexts, it might be useful for things like multiple difficulty levels, multiplayer variations, structural changes triggered somewhere else in the world etc.

My current plan is to do this with multiple 'timelines'. Each timeline has its own trigger and can be run in parallel with other timelines. So you could use it, for example, to manage a sequence of a steps appearing independently from some monsters waiting to be time-triggered after something else happens. Or in the case of a story, a timeline could be active when you enter a room only after something else happened in a different room, or when the player is carrying a certain item.

The way I think of timelines is very close to what you'd normally consider to be 'layers' in other programs. e.g. while you're in the editor you could also use timelines to organise objects into collections and hide/show them or lock them from being selectable.

Does this sound like what you'd be after?

By the way, later on there will also be general lua scripting, which would provide global variables you can use to manipulate the way rooms behave. But for common cases there should be some kind of tool like triggerable timelines that can do most of the work.

P#7726 2013-08-23 15:21 ( Edited 2013-08-23 19:21)

That is what i'm looking for and some more! I just loved your ideas and i'm looking forward to it, your ideas for a more persistent world are just incredible

P#7728 2013-08-23 16:26 ( Edited 2013-08-23 20:26)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-19 20:08:39 | 0.006s | Q:14