Cart #fractured_rogue_wip-15 | 2021-08-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This is a roguelite that takes place in a universe that is being fractured, you must survive 10 areas and waves of enemies to hop through portals until you reach a place that is protected!

Features include:
-destructible walls
-environmental hazards (fires, water, spider webs, pits)
-29 enemies (with varying abilities/features)
-25 items/spells
-3 basic player classes (with 2 clothing styles and 8 different pallets).

Portals will appear that will take you to the next area. Enemy portals will pop up after a while, spawning more enemies as the area becomes more fractured, forcing you to move on. Pick up potions and new skills that will help you survive and go through 10 areas.

Z - Open / Close Menu , Cancel
X - Select menu option
Arrow keys - move , Attack (when moving into enemies)

Let me know what you think!

8/27/21 update: accidentally removed the water generation, so it's re-added :D. Attack animations, require a little more xp for levels, and maybe a couple of other smaller things.
8/22/21 update: There is now a fog of war, different level generation, enemies get harder the further you get now, and other various tweaks!
7/1/21 update: Added basic movement transition (looks MUCH better now), Removed wait command
2/27/20 update: Various tweaks, added some new enemies and spells. Officially done with this cart! (at least for now)
2/23/20 update: Fixed bugs, added a few items / features. Almost ready to tie a bow on this game after polishing a tiny bit more.

P#60424 2018-12-29 15:22 ( Edited 2021-08-27 18:25)

All Comments

This is really neat so far, and the ability to break walls is a handy feature. Good job, keep working on it! How much space do you have left? Just curious.
One thing though. The text output of what is happening is confusing for me, as it adds the new line at the top, when usually games like this scroll downward. Nothing big, just a bit confusing at first.

Death Hit you 57 DMG. You Died
Wow.

P#60481 2019-01-01 15:14 ( Edited 2019-01-01 15:21)

Thanks for the feedback! I changed the message order to keep with convention. Yeah, Death pretty much has to be avoided (he has one or two weaknesses). In my new version, I made the enemy hp display show the 3 closest enemies, not just the ones that are right next to you. This should help you realize how dangerous enemies are before you face them.

Just uploaded a new version with a lot of more features / fixes! I've been messing around with the memory to make everything fit. I definitely want to polish the game a little more (especially the audio), and maybe try to include one or two more things.

I've also experimenting with the graphics a little bit to give it a little more flavor. Not fully sure what I'll end up with.

P#60556 2019-01-04 03:11

I like it so far! I just won for the first time. I like that you added a good spread of items and spells to find.

P#60604 2019-01-05 20:35

This is superb and ... not a completely original idea. :D

Back when I was 12-years old I had no idea how to write code to make a maze so I wrote a game for Apple in LORES graphics (40x40 pixels) that just draw random lines on the screen. I called the game simply DUNGEON.

One player and one monster and one treasure per screen. Powerups included armor, very wacky spells, and healing potions.

Monster would move the number of spaces according to its level. Every time you got a treasure aside from your score increasing it slowed down the monster a bit.

Every time you defeated a monster your score also went up but so did the monster's speed.

I quickly learned that it would be entirely possible to enter a room where you could not attack the monster or grab his treasure because of the way lines were placed on the screen.

So Brett (one of my playtesters at the time, bout my age too) suggested that the walls can be munched through in a few steps by sharp teeth of the monster.

What about the player ? I asked.

He said, give him a shovel. And so there it was. A nice dungeon game, random lines drawn for walls and both the player and monster could cut through the walls to make up for the fact I didn't know how to make mazes then.

Trip down memory lines. Good game here too. But once Death (one of your opponents) is on your trail you're toast if you can't get to that teleporter in time !

Gold star for you.

P#73421 2020-02-24 18:54 ( Edited 2020-02-24 18:55)

Polymorph is by far one of the most dangerous spells, while at the same time, useful.

P#73473 2020-02-26 14:36

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 13:06:07 | 0.011s | Q:23