Hey guys! I'm back!

I've been away for a long time, but I really wanted to share this with you guys. A while ago a friend of mine got involved with a student game-development project for school, and he asked me if I'd like to do some music for it. Of course I said yes (despite the lack of pay), and this is what I came up with:

Stained Glass Viking Chiptune OST

Give it a listen if you're so inclined, and I'd love to hear what you guys think. It's looking like the game is never actually going to release (it's been many months since I heard anything) but at least I got the experience of making some music. =]

~GnomeSlice

P#6796 2012-11-18 12:45 ( Edited 2013-01-03 21:52)

I absolutely love it, I think it's amazingly awesome. It must've took a long time to create something that well done. (Just a Question) How do you Make those cool sounds? I've always wondered how people do that.

P#6797 2012-11-18 16:18 ( Edited 2012-11-18 21:18)

hey gnomeslice, nice! I like the swooshes and bass/lead riff interplay. ol skool yo.

P#6799 2012-11-21 15:24 ( Edited 2012-11-21 20:24)

@ChuiGum Depends on which 'cool sounds' you're referring to!

For Trials of the Gods and Death of a Legend, I used a piece of free software called Musagi.

Musagi is a great little music creation tool that is designed for creating chiptunes. It's free, and easy to use! So for most of the sounds I used in those pieces, I started with a chip sound I liked, and tweaked the parameters until I had the sound I wanted. Some of them I created from scratch using some of the chip synths! If synthesis is too confusing for you (which it will be at first), there's lots of sounds for you to pick from so you can start composing right away!

For the other pieces on the album, I used another piece of software called Sunvox (also free).

Sunvox is a little more complicated than Musagi, but it's also the better option to choose when you don't want to make dedicated chiptunes. Sunvox is a 'tracker' which is a type of music software that's hard to describe in a few lines or less, but it essentially means that each of your notes and effects controllers go on 'lines' and then the tracker scans over the lines in order as it plays. It takes some more getting used to than Musagi, and the waveform synthesis isn't as robust, but it does have a sample player, and some other nice modules you can play around with.

So that's what I used; and you guys should check them out! Also feel free to donate to my bandcamp if you liked my work. :P

P#7003 2013-01-03 13:04 ( Edited 2013-01-03 18:04)

Awesome, thank you very much. ;)

P#7004 2013-01-03 16:52 ( Edited 2013-01-03 21:52)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 15:41:26 | 0.008s | Q:18