I don't think anyone will seriously read this, I'm a nobody and I never blog here.

However, it's a tad frustrating that there seems to be an overabundance of Celeste mods within the normal places to release carts which makes me wonder if maybe Pico8 BBS needs a section just for game mods?

I think it would help fix a little of the clutter. I look at what appears to be a new game then after I get into the thread, I find out it's a mod of a game I already played.

It's just something I was thinking about and there's no place on the forum to speak to this so I figured I'd just mention it into the air for it to disappear forever. :)

P#67926 2019-09-20 05:29

I'm for it. Now granted I do make mods to existing games but usually to improve input and not much beyond that. Certainly not to change graphics or maps. I may also rewrite something from scratch someone did if I think there's any programming education behind it.

And yes, there are indeed an abundance of CELESTE mods. Heck just try to search for the original Pico-8 Celeste game today and good luck with that.

Definitely wouldn't hurt for MODS to have its own unique category, not a cart and not unfinished ... just - MOD.

P#67928 2019-09-20 06:20 ( Edited 2019-09-20 06:23)

I'm not looking down at mods and I imagine a lot of the mods are people just learning the ropes and that's awesome.

It's more or less the nature of a modded game is a bit like ROM hacking. When i'm in the mood for a hack, i reach for a hack, when I'm in the mood for an original title, I go for it. However, it's frustrating to reach for an original game and end up with a hack and vice versa.

Hopefully as more mods become available they'll find a place on the BBS. I want to see more mods/hacks, but it's confusing within 'new releases' as a mod technically isn't a new release, it's more like a...re-release/remix.

P#67929 2019-09-20 06:35

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-19 06:44:46 | 0.006s | Q:13