Cart #hypno-0 | 2019-06-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

IT DOESN'T WORK YET ON PURPOSE, BUT WILL BE FIXED SOON!

Today, while playing with the default settings on the CLI on Windows, I found a series of colors that I started to really like. So, what does that have to do with this?

Basically, when this cartridge is done, it's going to be a lot of things: but PICO-8 is going to serve as the first star, and from then on, sadly, I believe I will have to write a program of my own. Unless I find a way to display more than the 16 colors - and that's the only reason why.

I have written a program in python that allows one to select any color they see, from anywhere at any time, or simply play around with them til the find one on their own. Then I pipe that on over to a modified form of lua - the Aseprite variety actually.

(I'M ALSO WRITING A SYNTAX HIGHLIGHTER FOR THE ASEPRITE API AND I WOULD LOVE SOME ASSISTANCE IF ANYONE OUT THERE WANTS TO HELP OUT! Its for ST3!)

The aseprite script I have allows one to load a palette from existing .gpl or .pal (which aren't technically supported anymore) files and make use of them in a project, or export them in a wizard-like manner for easy sharing and storage. (IE, it will ask how large you want each square to be, then the max width and length and try its best to make it work within your parameters, if it can't it will suggest the next best thing.) The script can also make a single sprite strip from nothing, and it can be initialized from many places in many ways. Aseprite, Python, Lua, and even Pico-8 with some AHK in there.

In any case, I would love to work on this with a single partner, 2 at the most. If interested, please get back to me! You can reach me here or at my home in Merveilles.

[email protected]

P#65195 2019-06-14 16:16 ( Edited 2019-06-14 16:17)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 18:37:44 | 0.009s | Q:14