Cart #aburner-0 | 2019-02-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This game is not yet finished. This is the first time I've attempted to write a game, so feedback is apiciated. Shoutouts to @morgan3d for their work on TOP*BURN, a similar game. I took the sprites from that game. I think I'll work on something smaller before picking this one up again.

Some things that need work:

• The timing of the soundtrack is all over the place. If any musicians want to make a proper rendition of the OST, I would be grateful.
  • The enemies seem to fly into the sea when the nose is pointing down. The game engine does not account for where the camera is pointing. Getting this to work might require a more advanced engine.
  • I forsee that there will be z-fighting between the enemies and explosions from destroyed aircrafts. Again, this would require a more advanced engine, one that accounts for the z-position of the objects being drawn.

If anyone wants to continue working on this, you have my blessing, but ask @morgan3d if it's okay with them. Make sure to credit me and @morgan3d if you do continue to work on this.

P#61663 2019-02-08 19:05

Hey, I am somewhat knowledgable in music, if you want me to stylize your song for you I am very happy to help.

P#61669 2019-02-08 22:02

Hi @stefvdw. You are too kind. I was trying to make it sound like the original arcade soundtrack.
I would definitely appreciate your help. Want to make this a collab?

P#61682 2019-02-09 08:40

@TerraScope

hi no problem, I would like to collab. I think it will be a nice challenge for me.
I will start working on it next weekend.
is it also okay if I take some creative liberties in making the soundtrack?
So it will be based on the OST but not a copy some I would maybe like to add some things.

P#61737 2019-02-10 18:40

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-29 13:36:43 | 0.032s | Q:21