The base game engine is pretty much complete. Some of the things I plan to finish in the next week is:
- saving the level you got to and score
- having a scoring system
- pretty backgrounds, and particle effects. I'm definitely going to use fillp(). That sounds legit.
- animation for game over
- lives need pics
- the tileset changes themes. (there will be a cloud theme, hell/fire theme, and earth theme, and maybe a space theme, who knows)
- temporary power-ups (jump booster, run booster, extra life, countdown/don't have the screen chase you for a bit)
- tutorial level and being able to pick your level based on the highest one you've gotten to at the title screen.
- title screen tells the story, if no input has been pressed.
- prettyify some of the cloud structures.
Here is the story:
The Neo Jumper is trapped within his virtual reality. And what's worse, his virtual universe is crumbling. Running is the only hope of escape!
Down Arrow: duck, speed down
I think this is going to be my most professional game I've made so far. I finally got into coroutines and some of the other deeper lua/pico8 concepts with this game so far. I'm finally going to play with particles for this game. I've written a song for the game also, but I haven't pico8-ified the song yet. Also, the initial inspiration for the gameplay was from the Google Dinosaur game, but now it is much different.
Let me know in a comment if you have any other good ideas for the game, or if you think you found a bug. :) Here is the github page for the game, I may move it to its own repo though later
[Please log in to post a comment]