Cart #38521 | 2017-03-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Almost done with this!
Major changes (that I can remember):
-Fixed grapple physics
-Added new turret
-Added boss enemy (Normally inaccessible... unless I left it on the map)
-Added thwomps
-Added a single collectible item that does nothing (It's in the top left of the stage)
-Added more music, areas, etc.
-Added cloud platforms
-Added cloud enemies
-Added particles
-Made death look cooler

Cart #37577 | 2017-02-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Another update, although this one is slightly smaller!

The game is no longer a Metroidlike, and is just a platformer again. This is almost entirely because of checkpoints and saving. Overtime you die the program is rerun, and therefore respawns all powerups, making farming very easy (also the grapple physics are super wonky and powerups are near worthless). Added music and checkpoints, and weapon knockback.

Cart #37334 | 2017-02-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Huge update for my grappling platformer!

It's turned into more of a Metroidlike now, with two upgrades on the map- one increases chain length, the other increases attack damage, they are obtained by hitting them with the hook. There are also enemies (cannons) which shoot at you, you can block their blasts with the hook, and the cannons are not invincible.

Cart #36885 | 2017-01-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Here's a grapple-platformer concept I made. This is just a POF, mainly made so I could get used to PICO-8 (along with Lua). If I actually finish this, the code will probably be completely rewritten by then. This game is mostly inspired by Nitrome's flash game Frost Bite, and Matt Thorson's Celeste.

Feel free to make it more playable.

In regards to controls, move with arrow keys, Z to jump. X+dir to shoot a hook, hold to reel in.
The hook itself is also (obviously) a weapon- you can try killing the one enemy the stage offers.

P#36886 2017-01-29 20:47 ( Edited 2017-03-22 00:44)

I like the idea of the game, and I can't wait to see where you go with this. Also, there seems to be a glitch where sometimes the grappling hook won't launch upward at all. It happened to me twice when I was under the one-way platform that led to the green power-up.

P#37362 2017-02-12 08:07 ( Edited 2017-02-12 13:07)

I've discovered a new glitch: If you come at a convex corner at a certain diagonal angle, you can clip inside and get stuck permanently.
Also, I'm really sorry, but I must admit the grappling hook is nearly impossible to use. It always feels too short and too easy to break, and it rarely actually helped me go where I wanted to go. I could barely escape the first area.

P#37579 2017-02-18 23:18 ( Edited 2017-02-19 04:18)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 17:07:03 | 0.011s | Q:22