v0.2.6b
The hide_mouse_cursor feature is very buggy. That is the option that makes the mouse cursor disappear while typing in the PICO-8 editor. Length in seconds can be configured in config.txt but the problem is there even with the default of 5 sec.

On startup it works but after a while of coding it stops working at all. I posted this before but deleted my post because the steps I gave to reproduce didn't always make it happen. So it's hard for me to say exactly when it stops working. But I think that everyone here will notice if they pay attention, that after a some time working on a game, the mouse cursor will remain in the way while typing.

If you ctrl-r ctrl-r it will start working again. But if you type something at the command prompt and say, get a syntax error, or even just ls to show whats in the directory, or cls(), most of the time (but not always!) when you esc back to the editor it will be broken and the mouse will show even while you are typing. This will persist for the rest of the session. ctrl-r TWICE seems to reset it, but once is not enough.

I know this is a small thing, but once you notice it, its sort of annoying because of how nice it is when it is working. I've been coding directly in the editor lately. I used to think it was impossible but now I realize just how cool it is.

[Please log in to post a comment]