Cart #degbunne-4 | 2024-10-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cocktail Hour

Inspired by true events, Cocktail Hour is a game built to prepare you for real life social events. Your mission: sneak around a party venue and eat as many delicious hors d'oeuvres as you can while avoiding having a conversation with anyone.

However, Aunt Ethel hasn't seen you since before you left for college and she's determined to ensure you miss every single Pig-in-a-blanket and slider and shrimp cocktail there is.

Run, hide, and eat.

Controls

Move using the arrow keys.
X allows you to grab food, only while standing still.

Tips

• When you grab food your score multiplier increases by one. However, entering a conversation can reduce your multiplier or eliminate it completely with bad timing.

• You can survive an Aunt Ethel encounter with perfect timing.

this so me lmao

also shouldve made the aunt say lorem ipsum thats such a missed opportunity xd

This is art and I love it

Ethel got me! XD Excellent concept for a game and great presentation

I found out you can spam the grab button multiple times on the same food to get some extra points ;)

Thanks for the feedback!

@rubixkyoob, the score multiplier might account for the extra points? I am going to test this though, thank you for flagging this!

@851523 She originally did say lorem ipsum while I was building this! Eventually I want to have a lot of funny things she says, and then when you play the game multiple times in a row, she remembers where she left off in her rant to you.

Lol at people's head bursting in flame (including yours)! 😆
Fun and great concept! ⭐

[Please log in to post a comment]