Cart #tibehoboso-2 | 2024-09-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Set three years after Scorsese's unforgettable psychological drama, "Taxi Driver", a bunch of weird creatures try to kill the whole planet and one sergeant has to shoot them with his space ship.

Made with the Lazy Dev Basic Shmup Tutorial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81WM_cjp9fo&list=PLea8cjCua_P3Sfq4XJqNVbd1vsWnh7LZd

why are there so many shmup games on pico 8 wth

@851523 Lazy Dev Basic Shmup - its a great way for new programmers to make a solid game. Its an excellent tutorial that covers not only the basic but great design tips and tricks.
Everyone has a unique spin on it.

@egantainment

Great game - Hard mode was a real great addition and challenging. You made it very fun and necessary to use the bombs.
I liked the mid bosses and continues from there was very welcome.

The music is excellent - really brought it together -- so cool.

The only thing I would say -- Shmups are a lot more fun when the collision box of your ship is much smaller than the sprite you have. you want it to just be the cockpit of your ship (4x4 or even 2x2). The game is still challenging but you get less instances of annoyance in being hit when visually it looked like you weren't hit.

egantainment - What's the point of a highscore if you can't ever see it? In fact whatever score I get it's always the highscore!

Not a bad variant of the LazyDevs - hard mode is indeed a challenge. Liked the humour too.

[Please log in to post a comment]