Cart #katana_rabbit-0 | 2024-09-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Katana Rabbit is a short metroidvania/platformer where you play as a rabbit with a katana!

Controls

• Move with the Arrow Keys
  • Press Z to Jump
  • Press X in the air to Dash

This was a cool project I made by trying to work on something for 30 minutes every day! After 45 sessions this is the result (I wasn't able to work every single day on this but averaged 5 times a week, which I'm very proud of!)

Feel free to drop some feedback and share your times! My PB is 3:02 with 0 deaths.

The combat mechanic is interesting; but a bit frustrating. Managed to beat the game with 24 deaths; with a jump near the end and the boss being the major death points.

If I had the forsight I'd have taken screenshots. Still I very much like the art and the music loop is cute <3

A nicely different take on platforming, but I got stuck here.

I could see I was supposed to get the guard to jump to the right, then lead him back left onto the switch. Once I did get him to move right, but didn't move left at the correct time. But from then on, the springs never seemed to launch him high enough.

I reset the game, and this time he went around several times before I got him onto the switch. From there I reached the ending.

But even after completing the game, I'm not sure really understand the attach controls. There's a target I fell past, but is there a way to attack while falling?

Hi! The main mechanic of the game is that you attack by dashing into the floor. The difficulty comes from spacing and timing your attacks. So there's no way to attack while falling in the game.

it was a little annoying at first, and then i got the hang of it. it ended up being really fun, nice job!

Playing on mobile but seems the x button is unresponsive. Game looks cool though. I'll try when I'm home.

Good work. I love it.

[Please log in to post a comment]