Cart #joana-0 | 2024-09-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A game for Brackeys Game Jam!

Ladybug Joana must brave a treacherous storm to rescue her children and return home safely. The player must expertly balance and time their actions during moments of calm, when the winds and rain subside, with the intense, turbulent periods that threaten to sweep Joana off course. Mastering this delicate balance is key to overcoming the challenges and reaching the safety of home.

Team Calembur

Gabiru - Programmer and Game Designer
HBKaze - Pixel artist, Producer and Game Designer
Rafael Schneider - Sound Designer
Kenzo - Music Composer

A nice cartridge with a good concept. However personally I found this ever so frustrating, particularly the last vertical section. I did beat it eventually and was surprised that there was no final timer (and also you should count how many times the player screams in frustration :) )

But focusing on the positives, the ladybug is great and is clear and effective. The rain animation is really good and clearly conveys how it will affect your movement. The core concept was easy to grasp and replaying it again, the first few stages become trivial once you get to grips with the rhythm of the rain. The layout of the levels makes it very clear where you are meant to jump to next. Overall its a really good cart.

@phil said it perfecty, and I do want to second that the core idea is very smart! It feels very charming to play

Hi, I love this game.
It's so hard. but the ladybug is so cute!

[Please log in to post a comment]