Cart #botthebuilder-0 | 2024-08-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Bot the Builder

Play as a robot and build platforms to scale up a mountain. With 19 puzzles, approach every solution creatively and get to the top!

About the game

The game was originally made for the GMTK 24 game jam ("Built to Scale"). This version (v1.1) adds multiple QoL changes and improvements, to be a fun and fresh experience for anyone :)

In the cart you'll find:

• An in-game speedrun clock (if beating games fast is what you want)
  • An in-game placed blocks counter, to improve your personal score
  • An option menu to customize the game to your liking (activate or disable music, screenshake, HUD elements and change inputs)

About the licence

This cart is under the CC4-BY-NC-SA license. Keep in mind I made the original game in 72 hours: as such, the code is simple, but it may be a bit messy. If you need an explanation on how something works, let me know and I'll gladly answer! :)

Please let me know what you think!

Feedback is always appreciated! I loved making this game, and I hope you'll like it as well! :)

This is amazing dude I love the concept and the game the game is at times challenging, it is perfect I hope there is updates in the future.

I found I could keep laying new blocks and ride them like a kind of flying snake. Made things very easy, with just the yellow blocks complicating matters a bit. Is it supposed to work this way?

@JadeLombax In a way, yes! Playtesters seemed to enjoy the game more by figuring out that they can cheese every level. While I put some walls to limit that, I tried to always leave it as an option.

This way, in the first playthrough, players may not understand the solution, but feel smart of cheesing it; and during successive playthroughs, they would realise there's a fast and easier way to get to the end :)

[Please log in to post a comment]