Making myself accountable for being more productive. Trying to consider which of my prototypes I want to focus on for the next few months and make it into a fully realized game.

Prototypes include the following:

1.) Platformer - Rival faerie-folk engaged in a game of cat & mouse with environmental repercussions on the line.

2.) Platformer - Dedicated to a well-known comedy character following chapters of his titular movie.

3.) FVS - Fixed Vertical Shooter styled after Galaga, Phoenix, and other games from the classic arcade era.

I have a treasure chest of other ideas that are only partially realized and in need of initial development, while these three have more effort already put in. I will try and settle on one by the end of the week while trying to balance all my other duties; we have a big event happening on Friday/Saturday so that will certainly be the bulk of my attention & energy for now.

Thoughts?

3 because there's some good tutorials in the resources tab

It also depends on your skill level. I know that to do a decent platformer there is quite a bit of in-depth collision checking you have to do. As stated number 3 is a theme that has quite a bit of tutorials on.

Honestly, I'd go with whatever you have that makes you say "I can finish this" - even if it's not one of the three with the most progress or the one you like best. And if none of them do that, maybe go with the one that has the most interesting (to you) coding problem to solve?

I'm definitely no pro, but just in my own experience, finishing the marathon happens most often when you can see the finish line or when you have some way of sustaining energy over the long haul until you can see the finish line.

[Please log in to post a comment]