Hi,

is there any way to include appdata files in the html export or to load files copied next to the .html file when running it locally?

I'm currently using fetch to load files from appdata and the only way I found so far to make them accessible from the html export is to copy them to /ram/cart before exporting and fetch them from there. Also tried using file:// with fetch.

Is there a better way?

I'm not sure what you mean-are you using those files as part of your game?
If so just put them in a folder within your cart and load them from there.
Or are you using them to communicate between applications?
In that case you might be out of luck, if I remember correctly there is some sandboxing in place to isolate the appdata files in the .html export.

I'm loading some custom game/map data from the files.
I used /appdata because it's easy to access from my host OS.

The thing is, that the html export is able to store and persist files in /appdata (IDBFS was mentioned in the changelog), so I was looking for a way to initially populate /appdata within the html export with the files I already have locally and use the same paths when running the p64 or html.

You could populate it from within the cart, but I doubt that you can do the same from the outside without running the cart first. If it is about custom map files I strongly recommend just starting a folder within the cart and saving them there. You could still import external map files within picotron by dragging and dropping them into the folder you made. Or is the usecase meant for users to put their maps in the game?

Yeah, I'll just put the files within the cart and replace them manually or via code if needed. As I said, it just was more convenient to work with appdata, but it's not a big deal for my current use case.

Thanks

[Please log in to post a comment]