Cart #mini_cars-0 | 2024-08-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Mini Cars [early]

It was just an idea I had; I wanted to code working streets, and I did. It was like a fun mini-programming challenge.
There are three cars that you can switch between with [O/C]:
normal: takes a random turn
clockwise: takes a right turn
counter-clockwise: takes a left turn

Use Mouse and X to place cars. Cars on grass will be destroyed.
You have a budget of $100 when a countdown will start; if during that time a car crashes, you lose, but if nothing happens, you win.
Your score is how many cars there are after the countdown.

About

After the streets worked, I had no clue what to do. So I came up with this, which I am not very proud of. I would be happy if someone had a better idea.
Any directions or ideas for the game are welcome, thanks.

¡uɐɯ looɔ ʎʇʇǝɹd

I think it would work best as a puzzle game.
You'd have hand made level with some traffic already in place, have a certain number of elements to place (cars, traffic lights...), then hit run and see if everyone survives, maybe with added optional stars to collect on the road for extra difficulty. The game would have to be fully deterministic, so, turn left and right are fine, but the red car could be "straigt>left>right" and stop if moving would lead to a crash for example.
Having pedestrians that trigger traffic lights would also help change the timings.

very th for this game and th for my reaction game https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?pid=152913#p
you are so good

[Please log in to post a comment]