Started with the Moon Lander tutorial on YouTube, then got a bit carried away adding new features and redoing most of it.

Fancier ground graphics, added planets, moving star field, and lots more.

The faster you land (and the less fuel you use) the higher your score for that level, and it tracks your score accumulating until you die. Makes it pretty fun as you try to do suicide-burns last second to still slow down enough and not go splat.

Stores your best score for next time you play.

First PICO-8 game I've shared with friends/etc who seemed to like it, and now adding it here so we can access it from Splore.

Cart #lander2000-0 | 2024-08-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I'd love to see my score, but it instantly loads the next level :(

That’s odd, you should be seeing a splash screen after every landing (successful or not) that shows the score you got + the total so far, then you have to press X to go to the next planet or restart.

I (and a few friends) have played it hundreds of times now on web export and in the app and never seen an issue like this, so I’m not sure what could cause it to skip ahead sorry.

this sorta reminds me of a certain mario flash game, gameplay is pretty much identical but quite faster, this is pretty fun to play though

Nice, I love it. I would love to play this game once in a day.

Very nice arcade game.

[Please log in to post a comment]