Getting so close on Nybble Quest being done!

After my last post, someone mentioned the lack of music. Actually making decent music is beyond my grasp, so I grabbed 5 songs from Gruber's 2 volume Picotunes set.

There's another collection of tunes from RobbyDuguay that I might grab from as well, but I'm so low on tokens (27 left) that I would need to do some optimization to include them. Oh, and the ones I like use all four channels, so maybe not.

Anyway, here's version 39. Maybe version 40 will be the last?

Cart #nybble_quest_v39-0 | 2024-07-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

When uploading a cart, keeping the same name is the proper way to update.

When YOU upload the cart again in it's same BBS page the first or oldest version will be called #NYBBLE_QUEST-0.
When you update the cart again it will automatically be called #NYBBLE_QUEST-1, and #NYBBLE_QUEST-2 and so-forth.
If a user wanted to get an older version of a cart they would simply LOAD #NYBBLE_QUEST-30 to get version 30.

Example: LOAD #NYBBLE_QUEST is expected behavior. This is how majority of users will get cartridges. This will ALWAYS get the LATEST cart.

For some reason you and other BBS users keep making new threads littering your old versions all over the BBS. I can not blame you if you did not know how to use the BBS properly. But if this is another advertisement technique that other users do, it is quite shameful to flood BBS pages of older versions that not other may not ever actually explore.

The tunes ARE nice though, I just wish this cart were properly updated for the sake of the BBS etiquette.

Thanks for the advice. Is this all written down somewhere in the BBS docs?

That functionality is not at all obvious to someone new to the BBS, and honestly, I've only posted 7 WIP posts (and 1 actual release post) in the past 3 months explicitly to avoid littering the BBS with numerous posts. If there's a more appropriate way to post, I'm happy to hear about it.

[Please log in to post a comment]