Hello!

This is my first time posting. I've dabbled with Pico-8 for a couple (ish) years now, but haven't really interacted. Just read, watched, lurked...

I've coded some little experiments and coded along with Nerdy Teachers and Lazy Devs, but this is my first solo project, an attempt at implementing cribbage.

I'm hoping that posting here will get me to engage with other folks who are making stuff for Pico-8 and set a small fire under me so that I'll work on my project more regularly.

Will follow this up later with more details, just want to get this posted so I don't get stuck editing & second guessing.

Welcome! I'm 100% in favor of having more PICO-8 card & board games, so I wish you luck on your project!

Thanks!

It's feeling good to be working on it more in the past week or two. Grinding the rust out of my wheels, heh. I need to get past the current bugs so I can post a link to the current dev version of the cart.

I made some good headway today, but had to leave it in a state where there's log info printing to the screen. 😬

Welcome to the BBS!

Small code management trick :
in _init

function nop()
end
dprint=print
-- dprint=nop

every time you do debug prints to the screen use dprint instead of print (using printh to the console or to file is often more convenient in many situations)

before publishing, just uncomment the dprint=nop line.
Added bonus : if running out of tokens, finding debug prints to remove is easy as they are already distinct from game related print statements.

[Please log in to post a comment]