Cart #nemonemo-4 | 2022-09-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

It's the first game I made with Pico-8.
One of the Picross games.
I made it possible to operate comfortably.
Please enjoy it!

The music was composed by Gruber Music.
(Pico-8 Tunes Volume 1)

CRT Version
https://seimon.github.io/nemo/

Very comfortable motion! I played it well, this kind of simple interactive puzzle game is suitable for pico-8.

first time I play a Picross - very well done, juice & al!

Great aesthetics dude and good puzzles
but what was the QR code supposed to say?

@Ningow Thanks for playing!
QR code for "Would you like to play this game too? Then scan this QR!". But... I guess I didn't explain enough...

god this screams quality all over it

Very polished. I do wish there was a way to stop the ripple and wave effect in the background. It's pretty distracting.

Absolutely awesome effects and feel, but all those movement just made me exit the game in a few minutes, eyes hurt. Is there a version without idle effects?

@Kingbob @maleficmax "Nemo - Puzzle Pack II" with less distracting background effects! (The wave effect is still there, but...)
https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=47318

@moon thanks, I'll give it a try!

Nice picross, circle animation can be a bit distracting, board easy to read. Deadly pattern on the two stars of the moon puzzle.
I'm curious, why nemo ? There was so much in common between pico8 and picross.

@RealShadowCaster This type of game is also known as "nemo nemo logic" in Korea, which is where the name comes from. (for reference, "nemo" means square in Korean)

Sooo good, all the motion is awesome. Just generally the game feels very polished. I do think that some there are a few things during gameplay that distract. Also I just love the Qr effect popping out so much :)
Great job.

I love this game, the puzzles are great and the level of polish is top notch.
It has become my goto when I have a few minutes to wait or before going to bed!

This is awesome! Great job! If you’re looking for features, I’d suggest a strike counter so you can have a record of puzzles solved with no mistakes.

Out of all the puzzles, this one was the hardest! Overall very satisfying, as usual!

I remember completing NEMO 2 back in highschool as well, glad to see this in the featured tab!

I'm happy to see this game in the Featured tab! Thanks to everyone who enjoyed it!

Wow, that sounds great, I like that.

I enjoy Picross, but some of the puzzles here don't appear to be uniquely solvable. This led to a lot of guesswork, which is frustrating. I was only able to fill in 21 cells of one 11x10 puzzle without guessing.

My new favorite form of procrastination! Thank you very much for this game!

Are you thinking about some "data disk"? I'm almost at the end of the puzzles :-).

@JWinslow23 The 11×10 puzzle is one that I'm not sure I'd do again, so that's a good point. Enjoy the sequel, which is even better!
https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=47318

@AdamJ There's a sequel with more puzzles (link ↑)

great...ANOTHER picross with no fun puzzles

I would like to thank you for making this game. Easily one of my favorite cartridges. I think the presentation and the overall look and feel highlights this game from the rest of the picross types. I was very addicted to it from the start and now I've started the sequel. Any future plans for a third installment?

Love this game. This is my first time doing any sort of Picross puzzle and I'm enjoying it a lot. The visuals are so nice as well. Apart from a few puzzles that had multiple solutions (having the incorrect tiles turn red really helped me solve them), all of the puzzles are solvable by logical deduction. I will definitely play the sequel once I finish all the puzzles in this one.

I love this one. I play it when I need a bit of a palate cleanser for my brain at work. One question. Why does my progress occasionally reset? Is that just due to updates?

how do you beat the second one? it's asking me to fill 17 squares in a column in a 13x11 puzzle?

Thank you for enjoying my game so much.

@Bside I'm going to make a third series with Picotron.

@markman360 As for the resetting issue, I'm not sure what's causing it either, sorry.

@capsule j2 You need to fill in 1 and 7 spaces there, not 17. I guess it's confusing because of the narrow spacing.

Always appreciate seeing more Picross titles, and while requiring some guesswork at times, really enjoyed this one on the whole!

This is FANTASTIC. Amazing polish. I've played so many Picross games and I love the attention to detail here.

Unfortunately it seems that there are several puzzles that can't be solved without guessing.

Puzzle 5 has two lone dots above the nose that can't be solved. Puzzle 7 has some at the bottom, and I'm only able to fill in 10 squares on puzzle 8 (the 11x10) before getting stuck.

Love the presentation, but make sure you're running your puzzles through a logic checker. 😀

[Please log in to post a comment]