A small project done in 6 days by a team of 3 apprentice devs. Have fun !

Cart #chatgrain01-0 | 2024-06-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Looks good, sound first intriguing but annoying after a few minutes. Deal breaker for me is the near unusable double jump. Took 20 tries to get to the fish, and lost all my lives in the first jump after the check point.
Le chat grain porte bien son nom.

Thanks for your feedback ! We realize that the "music", if we can call it like that, is pretty annoying after a few minutes, even after few loops, we'll keep that in mind for nexts projects. The secret for the double jump is to press it again kinda fast. But we should've done that differently, it's more of a boost to the first jump than a double jump.

Thanks for your answer, the game becomes playable once you know the trick, you should indeed replace the double jump by a high jump.
Other suggestions : spr() has optional parameters to flip the sprite horizontally, use it when the enemies walk to the left.
There's no feedback, visual or sound, when hitting an enemy. You could add a hit sound and/or display a green number over its head when hit showing his life remaining.

Pretty good. The graphics are great. There is a bug at the start where the music is just a constant note until you press start. The idea is great, and I love the controls. The levels are a bit hard and tricky to master and get the hang of though. Other than that it is really good!

[Please log in to post a comment]