Cart #yuru_lumberjack_demake-0 | 2024-05-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

LumberJack Demake

A demake of Telegram's LumberJack game. Chop wood as fast as you can, but watch out for those branches!

Controls

Default configuration

• Left Arrow or πŸ‡΄(Z): Chop left
  • Right Arrow or πŸ‡½(X): Chop right

If you are playing on a console where the keys positions are swapped, you can press πŸ‡½(X) in the main menu to swap to the below configuration:

Swapped configuration

• Left Arrow or πŸ‡½(X): Chop left
  • Right Arrow or πŸ‡΄(Z): Chop right

Special Notes

My first cart, hooray!

The timer drop-off rate in Telegram's version would infinitely increase till a point where it's almost impossible to humanly keep up. In this demake, the drop-off rate is capped beyond level 27, so it's theoretically possible to chop for an eternity if you are able to keep going at a constant speed. Not sure if this makes the game less exciting but I certainly like being able to finally go beyond 400+ points.

Whenever I switch to the other side b ecause there's a branch above, whatever I press always takes me to the side of the branch and kills me.

Good demake! One thing, it is difficult to understand the hitbox of the player.

@Hell_Cat Oh, that's super strange. I'm not able to reproduce that. Are you playing it on the web? And what keys are you pressing?

@Squishy178 Thanks! Yeah, it could be because the amount of tree that gets chopped off is too drastically different when it's branch vs not a branch. But essentially there is a choppable "gap" between each branches. I might look into improving that.

@Yuru I'm pressing z to chop, and the arrow keys to move, but when I'm
on the right side, z moves me to the left one and there's usually a branch there, which kills me.

@Hell_Cat I see, that explains it! There isn't really a chop action per se. You are expected to move between left and right to progress. Z functions the same as the left arrow key, and X functions the same as the right arrow key. You only need two keys to play this game!

@Yuru Oh, thanks! That explains it.

cute gfx styleπŸ‘Œ
good to see a first game that’s not flappy 😜

while (true) do
color(rnd(8)+8)
print("I'm bringing s***back")
end

[Please log in to post a comment]