Page:

I made an Android version, with special touch controls, on my Itch.io page
The touch control works very well with the gameplay. You can either directly touch the screen to throw a ball in that direction or use the scroll bar bellow the screen, so your finger doesnt hide the game.

Thanks! I extracted the .love file and am trying the new controls on Mac OS X

Which version of picolove did you use?

What a Hacker ^^ you will see all my crappy code. I used the original PicoLove (https://github.com/picolove/picolove) but I tweaked it to add touch controls and extend the screen size beyond the classic Pico 8 square. I also cut the audio emulator (it was very slow) and replaced it with simple ogg. I plan to release a standalone windows version, but there is some tweaks to do. And then I can try a linux and a mac version (but I have no mac so ...)

.apk is just a .zip

so I just renamed the file and extracted it using standard zip methods

.love file is also a .zip, so I already spotted your .ogg files ;)

Ok, I though that the key/signing was protecting it but I suppose it's only the executable part, not the .love part. Or you have to submit from google store.

Even .apk from the Google store can be unzipped

And .ipa from the App Store can be unzipped.

I don't think there's a way of protecting the .love LUA file

I uploaded a new version with improved collisions and fixed the "keep perfectly vertical" way of cheating.

It's a really addicting game which is also very polished!

You have no idea how much I love this game.
It's one of my favorite things to play when I need a break and that's probably a bad thing. "Just one more game!"
"JUST ONE MORE GAME!"
"JUST ONE oh it's 2am"
The gameplay, look, feel, sounds, all perfect.

Any chance high score saving could be added for each game mode?

I have played this game a lot! and thanks for sharing the physics cart.

You mentioned two-player mode, is that still in the plans? :)

I added mouse support to Combo Pool!
When I made it more than 7 years ago, Pico 8 didn't really have mouse support or at least it wasn't wildly known, but I always kept in my mind that Combo Pool would be great to play with the mouse, so I finally added it and you can play it now!
I also added an accessibility mode you can toggle that lets you show a number on each ball depending on it's color, so you can better identify them if needed

With the new Suika game craze, I remembered this as one of the first Pico games I favorited. Glad to see touch-screen and mouse support!

so cool , all what i love , the 32 bit , the animation is cool , the sounds , great job

This game is crazy addictive!)) @NuSan I love it so much! And it has one of the best physics and collision I've seen so far in Pico 8! Could you please share the souse or the method of physics and collision? I've seen the demo cart but i can't say i understand everything what's going on in there😅

This game is tons of fun! plays great on the powkiddy rgb30.

@NuSan love this game for a quick time waster. One thing I noticed - when I move the aim laser left, it eases to a stop when I let go. When I move it to the right and let go, it eases to a stop but then keeps moving ever so slowly to the right. Not a big deal at all, and I can use the aim lock to compensate, but figured I'd let you know.

@mardem1976 oh thanks for the info! In all those years I never noticed that little bug, amazing, proof that I never stop moving my cursor in this game haha

@NuSan no worries, lol. Not sure if you're still developing, but this little gem needs a sequel ;) Especially with the popularity of the Watermelon/Suika game!

@mardem1976 yeah I would love to make a sequel! I started one at some point but I run out of steam, I was too ambitious I suppose
I was super surprised when the Suika games success started but it's proof that it's a cool concept

Page:

[Please log in to post a comment]