Page:

I played this before and found 7/8 now I found 8/8 because I almost forgot one in the desert, in which I forgot last time.

There is also a "full resolution" version?
For a 64x64 is evry good, but apart from the jam, why later not to use the full Pico-8 (limited by design) resources?
Is the memory the problem?

I don’t think there is any problem. this game was created for a low-resolution jam and is completely designed to be interesting within the constraints. johan makes other games with the full pico-8 resolution but this one is like this and done! :]

Found 2 endings, great game!

A really sick jump. Idk how much it skips bc I just started playing. I like trying to find neat sequence skips in games. Idk how useful this is.

Edit: trying to attach a short video to this comment. I can’t get it to work xd

Fantastic game.
Had to take peek at the cart, and was absolutely floored that it's using the standard 32l x 128c half map, the game world feels so big and you keep getting lost in it ! It most definitely doesn't feel rectangular.
The map doesn't look at all like the mental image I had of it while playing.

Because of the 64x64 pixel resolution, there's actually 4 times more game screens than usual (4 screens tall and 16 screens wide). Level design is very impressive.

What an amazing little gem, one of the best pico games so far that I've come across! I would love to play a bigger and longer version of this made with another engine for sure.

@Kadz274 : I was able to use browser developer tools to download and view your attached video. But to make it visible to people you'll probably have to upload it to YouTube. It's a neat sequence break, but I don't think it will allow speedrunners to get through the game faster. (After getting the "hand" upgrade they manage to fall off the left green block and grab onto a ledge, without having collected the "dive" upgrade.)

@RealShadowCaster : Amazing. I've played this many times and I still had no idea that's how the world fits together. Or that @WoopyBoiii still managed to squeeze in a "PICO" and "8".

8/8 in 23:14

Such a great experience. Very tight movement controls, great level design and awesome atmosphere. I love to explore in games, and this little gem really pushed the right buttons. Well Done!

Wonderful game. Beautiful ambiance, and great map design. A real gem. Great work!

Very impressive!

Tight controls, good story and map, perfect pixel art and animation, music and sound design is nice. Thanks for the lovely experience. One of my favourite pico games

Fun mechanics, good challenges, gorgeous music, lovingly crafted sense of atmosphere. This was such a pleasure to play! Great work!

I played this just now after stumbling upon it multiple times.
What a lovely game 🤩
I saved 6 of 8 and played it while on vacation on my phone

Page:

[Please log in to post a comment]