Cart #someguyadventure-0 | 2022-07-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

It's far from my first ever game but I recently discovered pico-8 and decided to give it a go.

To make this very short game I followed Dylan Bennett's "PICO-8 Top-Down Adventure Game Tutorial" on YouTube which can be found here https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdLmU93eWisKpyk1WZywUSYAq5dkCPFIv

I am loving PICO-8 so far and am very impressed with some of the carts I've seen. I'll definitely keep making stuff because it's a lot of fun. This is the cutest game dev tool I have ever seen! I was already sold on the concept when I looked into it but finding out you can export games as an image of a cartridge was the icing on the cake!

I'm Misty, or The Scrunkly Creature, they/she/it, and very excited to make and share cool stuff.

P#114247 2022-07-12 18:52

Bennett's tutorial is great! I'm just getting started with PICO-8 myself (not a whole lot of gamedev experience myself, since my Game Maker 7.0 days). If you're looking for more resources, I really liked the Nerdy Teachers tutorials. They have a few little projects that were good at gradually introducing new stuff. I'll keep an eye out for more from you!

P#114260 2022-07-13 08:10 ( Edited 2022-07-13 08:10)

This was fun! Nice start with a little puzzle game! Yeah, I don't EXCLUSIVELY do pico8 but its my favorite dev tool - its just so tidy and fun.

Just dive into the source code for any carts you find that do interesting things - I've learned lots of little tips and tricks for doing neat things this way. Nice job on this game, looking forward to seeing more from you!

P#114267 2022-07-13 12:17

Cute little game.

I got into Pico-8 about a year ago, and it reignited my love for making games. The limitations are just enough to feed your creativity, and I find it's great for practicing how to plan the scope for and actually finish small projects.

P#114275 2022-07-13 16:17

[Please log in to post a comment]