left and right to move, X to jump and O or Z to scream

Cart #cakelizarddemo-0 | 2022-07-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi it's me again, I meant to post this earlier in the week but I only just got round to adding some sound effects and the scream button.

It's not finished, it's just a demo right now. I wanted to experiment with making a basic but cute character, so I made a little lizard and immediately fell in love with him. This is mostly just to show off the animations as I had no ideas for a game, and also to get a bit more practice with pico 8 as I'm still very new to it.

It took me way longer than it should have done because I've been distracted with all sorts of stuff lately but I'm very pleased with my little lizard who lives in a cake land.

I made the basic platformer framework by following the Nerdy Teachers "Pico 8 - Platformer Setup" tutorial which can be found here: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyhkEEoUjSQtUiSOu-N4BIrHBFtLNjkyE it was very informative on collisions and animations, I highly recommend it.

Be nice to my son cake lizard. I hope you like him. I might make a whole game or at least some friends he can play with eventually

P#114751 2022-07-24 14:30

raaaa!!

P#114771 2022-07-25 00:26

The occasional look over the shoulder really gives cake lizard life. I love the scream animation and sound.

P#114784 2022-07-25 06:54

Cute - the lizard has a surprising amount of life for being so little. I like the cake land aesthetic too! Would be interesting to see what underground looks like.

P#114806 2022-07-25 14:02

[Please log in to post a comment]