Cart #p8ng2024-0 | 2024-10-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

p8ng

This is the first game I've ever published, and I would greatly appreciate your feedback. My game is an homage to the most important videogame of all time.

Story

This is the end of a long journey. After a mysterious system failure, two rockets, Nebula 6 and Mars 18, are plummeting towards an unknown planet.
To avoid a catastrophic crash, they must compete in an intergalactic match during their descent.
The high-energy plasma sphere they exchange can rupture, adding an extra layer of danger, requiring skills from the crew.
The winner will gain control and steer towards salvation, while the loser faces inevitable explosion.
Tension rises with each point, as survival is at stake.
Who will emerge victorious in this cosmic battle?

Controls

⬅️⬆️ - move pad up
➡️⬇️ - move pad down

Rules

Objective: Hit the ball past your opponent’s paddle to score points.
Gameplay: Players control paddles that move vertically. The ball bounces off paddles and upper walls.
Scoring: A point is scored when the opponent misses the ball. The game continues until time is out.
Serve: The ball starts in the center and is served automatically after each point.

Game Modes

P1 vs P2 - Regular P8ng, the game you already know and love.

Soccer - Control the goalkeeper and the defender simultaneously. Be careful not to score an own goal!

SubP8ng - Control two paddles at the same time, but your opponent is on your side of the court. Interesting subgames can happen.

FreeFly - The final challenge. Use all your skills to control both your paddles, but attackers are free to fly.

Credits

Leandro Pereira

The game is inspired by Pong from Nolan Bushnell, Ted Dabney, and Allan Alcorn (Atari, 1978).
Pong itself was inspired by Table Tennis (Magnavox Odyssey, 1972), so we should credit Ralph H. Baer, Bill Harrison, and Bill Rusch too.
Table Tennis was inspired by William Higinbotham's Tennis for Two (1958), the first video game in history, under some definitions.

Great game! The modes you can choose feel amazingly custom, and the animation is really cool! Nice work, @leandrolopesp!

[Please log in to post a comment]