Hey 👋

It's my first game made for Pico8 and first that complex game ever. I'm still learning and understanding how it's work. Game is far away from finish. I wanted to share current results to hear from you guys what are thinking about it.

Farm2137 (working title probably) is farming game placed in space. It's containing typical stuff like planting and harvesting crops. Probably more stuff will come later.

What game have already?
-Working growing system(timing needs adjustment)
-Menu for selecting tool, accessing pockets
-Storage system
-Day cycle stuff(some work needs to be done)
-Market system(New offer everyday with variable prices, currently we are getting items instant what will change later).

Small manual:

In-game:
D-pan - movment
O - using a tool
X - hotbar(tools,inventory)

Tools :
Pickaxe - destroy rocks
Hoe - make field
Scythe - harvest crop
magnifying glass - access (entering base, opening storage, opening market, using bed)

After using bed you will start new day, probably all of your crops will be ready.
Avoid using screen on right side at the base or game will crash.

Some preview:

What I will add first?
-Saving game(I will appreciate suggestions and tips)
-Crafting system

What is my future plans?
-Add capsules for transportation. My idea is to have small fleet of capsules for bringing stuff from market, shipping goods, searching for new seeds.
-Add energy management where you need to process crops for energy to power capsules and more.

I want to develop game as long pico8 will have resources left. Any ideas for the game will be appreciated. I'm looking for somebody more skilled in pixelart then me, so if you want to help me with graphic it will be great.
At the very end i want to apologize for my English which is not that good also.

Cart #farm2137-0 | 2024-10-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi! Looks cool and intricate! Making a farming game in Pico8 can be tricky, have fun tackling it! I made one before, and I have a little input regarding saving. Remember that you only have a limited amount of bytes you can store. Plan ahead and note what byte will save which value/item etc.. It would be a shame if you were planning for more features only to run out of room to save them!

[Please log in to post a comment]