Cart #43885 | 2017-09-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Arrow Run is a fast-paced auto-scroller platformer!

Use your platformer and aiming skills to dodge spikes, collect coins and hit targets on this retro arcade-like game!

This was my entry for the "My First Game Jam: Summer 2017", it has been updated already a few times after that though.
>tch.io page<

What an EXCELLENT game! :D
Was totally addicted from the start, just had to complete.
Well-designed levels with just right level of difficulty (for me!)
Congrats!

Not really into auto-runners but I think adding the arrow mechanic made it both better and infuriating. I thoroughly enjoyed the game, great job!

Beautiful, just downright beautiful! I hope to emulate this kind of well-crafted art. Props to you on level design, artwork, adaptation of classical music, and overall game feel including game difficulty. I was engaged the whole way through. I am excited to see what you do next.

This is awesome. I must admit I misunderstood the instructions and thought I had to tap left and right alternately to run faster, like old athletics games. I got as far as the first or second arrow target believing this and couldn't stop laughing at the chaos of it. Thankfully it's not quite so hard when played properly!

yeah really liked the gameplay!

made me want to learn how to program music for pico - 8 so i could hook you up with a better soundtrack :)

There's a bit of a problem with this one that would be easy to fix :

People playing with a dpad can't press left and right at the same time.

what a fun game!

Agree with @apLundell, @guimm. If you are playing with a real joystick you cannot press both LEFT and RIGHT simultaneously.

Otherwise good polished game. Gold star.

[Please log in to post a comment]