Page:

This is awesome!

I got H2O and the melon!

Best 877!

Thank you for making such a fun game. I really love this game, but I cannot load it into my RG35XX-H. I have tried to load in in p8 and png ext but it doesnt work. Do you have any suggestion how to play this in fake08? I found some suggestion to download the older version, but I dont know whether it will work or not.

@Goldilocks725 - I've heard that fake08 doesn't work with this game (and various other games) on a different device - but it seems like this handheld can run the official pico8 (raspberry-pi version, including "splore" support) if you're running Batocera v32 or later. I don't have a RG35XX-H so I can't test it myself, but here are some instructions for installing the real pico8 on Batocera

I cannot install the batocera because im using chromebook, so I stuck with default stock os. Do you have other solution for it to works?

Unfortunately that's as much as I know about the device!

That said, it does seem like it could be possible to install the alternative OS from a chromebook - here are some people talking about it

I have followed all the instructions to install the batocera using Chromebook, but I guess I have the same issue with the guy on the reddit, extraction from GZIP to ZIP seems to failed, thats why the RG35XX-H wont boot up because the device doesnt recognize the IMG files.

Thats too bad I can only play this game online, and waiting any update on fake-08 to solve this issue.

Thank you for your help. I really enjoy this game and cant stop playing it. Cheers

!

New pb!
Aiming for 2k

Very enjoyable game! Insane scores you guys have 😁

674!

I really like the squish of the physics. There's also a lot of cool features I wish was actually in Suika game.

Amazing game, wanted to play suika-like game on my phone, but all the google play games had tons of ads and pay-walling. Btw what is the largest marble there is? I got to 1745 and the biggest one I saw was pink-striped one. I imagine you can go bigger?

@J28.14 - there's actually no "max size" in the code, lol. i'm pretty sure if you somehow got past white-stripes then it'd go back to pale-blue-stripes (but with an extremely huge marble). i assume there's some practical limit, but i don't know what it actually is!

@2darray would you consider making a "practice version" where the x button skips to the next ball?
I think that'd let me explore beyond pink stripes to see how the bigger balls behave...!

I've gotten very close to 2 pink stripes at once but never quite there

@evanjcby at the risk of encouraging cheaters to post bogus screenshots...

to download the cart into the local editor:
LOAD #MARBLE_MERGER

then, go to the code editor, and near the top of the "1" tab, there's a checkinput() function. at the top of that function, add:

if btnp(2,1) then
	dropsize+=1
end
if btnp(3,1) then
	dropsize-=1
end

once that's in, run the game. The E and D keys now increase and decrease the size of the ball you're about to drop. the colors get messed up once you get to the striped sizes, seems like they show the "outer" (darker) color instead of the primary/brighter color - but it does work, and they look correct again once they're falling.

Ooo! Thanks for sharing! Will try to experiment when I get home.

My personal best is 897! Got a large lime green and medium green striped ball!

Update request:
Please allow player to drop balls with d-pad down. It would make this much easier to play with one hand, and it isn't currently used for anything else.

@ejo - good call! it's updated

Very fluid, addictive and fun.
My best score today is 1334.

An unlimited mode would be great ie. merging two of the larger marbles pops them....hard to fit two of the much larger ones on the screen.

The new d pad down drops are giving me a ton of miss-drops... I get the goal of making it easier for one handed play but it makes it basically unplayable for me because I keep getting drops when I don't want them. Any way to make this new feature opt-in or out instead of only-on?

Sorry to bring the complaints lol - I just thought it was perfect as is and now my playstyle is kinda undoable

Edit: ok - now that I know it's happening it's not that bad. At first I thought my touch screen was broken lol. Still not as easy to play as before but if it makes the game more accessible and is an either / or situation, I'll survive haha

hmm yeah @evanjcby - making it a toggleable option in the pause menu (like antialiasing) seems like a reasonable call. will give that a shot some time soon

If you want to play this fabulous game (Marble Merger) for custom handheild,
I've locally fixed the code that was causing compilation to fail on fake8

https://github.com/jtothebell/fake-08/wiki/Cart-Compatibility
https://github.com/jtothebell/fake-08/issues/205

find the str2mem function (in code of #4 tab)

and please replace with this one (tested, no regression found) :

function str2mem(data)
    local t, a, i, c, d, str, m = split(data)
    for a = 1, #t, 2 do  
        m, str, i = t[a], t[a+1], 1
        while i <= #str do
            c, d = ord(str, i, 2)
            if c == nil then break end  -- safeguard against nil value
            i += (c == 255) and 2 or 1
            if c > 16 then
                poke(m, (c == 255) and d or c ^^ 0x80)
                m += 1
            end
        end
    end
end

@ejo and @evanjcby - "down to drop" is now an option that you can toggle in the pause menu. it's disabled by default, so if you want to use it, you'll have to switch it on (though it'll save your choice, like the antialiasing option).

@AnotherTester - thanks for that! i don't own a device running fake08 so i had no good way of debugging it. i obviously can't test the fix in fake08, but it does seem to work correctly over here in the local editor and browser, so i've updated the game with your version of str2mem()!

Hi! I'm new to this platform, so perhaps I'm doing something wrong. How can I find this on splore?

@az130948239 - weirdly, I can't find it in splore either when i search for the title or my own account! not sure why that is, since my other stuff shows up. you can get to it from p8's startup commandline, though:

LOAD #MARBLE_MERGER

this will download the cartridge, and then you can run it like usual (ctrl+R or RUN). you can do this for other cartridges on the bbs, too - it's always LOAD #CART_NAME, and you can find the name at the bottom-left of a game in the browser:

the -5 at the end of the name in the screenshot is the version number - if you leave out the version number like in the command above, then you'll get the newest uploaded version. you can also save a copy of the game locally (same as how you'd normally save a cart in the editor) if you want to keep it for some time when you don't have internet access.

This game wants to make me late for work TT_TT Very addictive, great job!

@2darray Thank you! I'll give that a try!

Page:

[Please log in to post a comment]