BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #idleslimes-0 | 2023-05-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Idle Slimes Beta

Controls:

-Right click while holding an item to use it (This works for feeding and trashing a slime)
-Right Click with a seed on a plot to plant it and Left Click to harvest it.
-Left Click to purchase items from the shop
-Left Click to pickup Slime droppings

0 comments

Cart #draconic_sigil-1 | 2023-05-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hey! I just needed a one-off animation for another project -- here's a cart I made to generate it.

The final image is slightly palette-swapped from the original cart:

3 comments

Cart #bouncy420-0 | 2023-05-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

BOUNCY

Guide the bouncy ball through a hazardous land to uncover your purpose! Bouncy is a bite sized physics and platforming puzzles built as a challenge to explore Pico-8 and it's tools.

HOW TO PLAY

LEFT and RIGHT - roll the ball.

HOLD DOWN - store jumping energy

RELEASE DOWN - release jumping energy and fly!

X and Z - dampen your bouncing energy

TIPS and TRICKS

Having trouble lining up a jump? Start your ball bouncing in place and tap left or right to land safely.

Use the de-bounce keys to dampen your inertia. It really works!

Can you get top rank? I sure couldn't.

Binaries downloadable on my ITCH.IO page

[ Continue Reading.. ]

6 comments

Cart #picobrowser-16 | 2023-11-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

READ THIS FIRST

Click the cartridge icon at the bottom of the cart and right click on the image to save it, then just plop it in your /carts/ folder. To use it in desktop pico-8, just put it in your carts folder. For use in pico-8-edu, go to immediate mode (the terminal) and type load #picobrowser, then type save [NAME].p8 where name is whatever you want. then, in pico-8 or edu, just type load name.p8, again where [name] is what you named the file.

more info:

This cart was made using @dw817 's "free roaming directory" cart. Their version, however could only see in /carts/ and couldn't load anything.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

7 comments

Cart #pandw_lumberjack-1 | 2023-05-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

A lil' game inspired by Game & Watch and Pico-View's April 2023 issue.

You take on the role of a lumberjack/jill merrily skipping along demolishing a forest single-handedly.
Slow to start, but you pick up momentum easily.
Avoid tweaking your muscles by accidentally swinging at a stump.
And certainly avoid annoying any bees hiding in the trees!

0 comments

Cart #mifubokapi-0 | 2023-05-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #kadaberozi-2 | 2023-05-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #nugefoyaya-0 | 2023-05-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #detifusape-0 | 2023-05-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #artgeneratorthing-0 | 2023-05-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

randomly draws a random pattern over time!

very fun to look at.

thats all

have fun :)

0 comments

Under construction!

Cart #lines_by_larsmans-3 | 2023-05-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

3 comments

Cart #rebumarada-0 | 2023-05-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

2 comments

[#Super Mario 46-0]

2 comments

Cart #rjr-2 | 2023-05-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

v1.1: Fixed occasional impossible jumps

This is a little endless runner game featuring Pico-8 mascot Jelpi in just 500 characters of code. I tried to cram in the best graphics and parallax scrolling that would fit. Hope you enjoy it.
(Submission to TweetTweetJam 8)

Controls:

Jump----Any button
Restart--reset

5 comments

I just started using PICO-8 for the first time and using it for a little metroidvania project I had in the back of my mind for a while.

My question as of now doesn't regard coding or techs, but user experience.

Why is my sprite palette pretty much cut to a third of its full size at the bottom of the screen WITHOUT the possibility to navigate? I'm literally prevented from accessing a good portion of the tile palette because the interface just won't let me scroll, zoom or even pan on the tile palette except if I'm in the sprite editor with in Sheet mode (I'll call it that because I don't know what else to call it, basically the sprite editor without the editor itself) I can only navigate the map editor, while the tile palette is completely fixed in place whether I'm in the sprite editor or the map editor.

This honestly feels like a huge problem for a platform this popular, so I'm sure I'm just missing something? How do I navigate this hell?

2 comments

Cart #ld_pico8_demo-2 | 2023-05-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This is my first project in Pico-8, so I hope you enjoy it!

Meet the Cast

Staro: A small, timid Starling that crashed onto LD's planet.
[8x8]

LD: Just a tiny blue guy who loves adventure! He's helpful, agile, and friendly.
[8x8]

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #kc_shmup-2 | 2023-10-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Kill or Contain | Shmup

Prepare your weapons and head to space, go blast some aliens in this wave based shoot’em up!
Nine levels full of monsters ready to kill you, and a final boss awaiting for a challenger!

Controls

Rules

- Shoot them before they shoot you. You only have five lives.

- Get the PINK flowers, as they bring hope back to your heart… and give you an extra life if you gather 10 of them! Or use ‘em to power your spread shot.

The more flowers you have, the more powerful the spread shot is. But be aware, using this will deplete your flowers!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

I made a function to check collision beetween 2 8x8 locations (sprites) using tables.
For some reason, it says that item2 (not item1, that ones ok) is a nil value when i use it.
Any ideas?

-- collision --

function coll(item1,item2)

rx=abs(item1.x-item2.x)
ry=abs(item1.y-item2.y)

if rx < 9 and ry < 9 then
return true
else
return false
end

end

3 comments

Cart #sitter-0 | 2023-05-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hello all!
Just learning Pico-8, and made this little game to try things out.

2 comments

Cart #centauri-0 | 2023-05-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

CENTAURI HEAVY INDUSTRIES

God has crafted you from blood and motor. Your sole purpose is to improve Their mining operation on some long-forgotten planet. You’ve got 30 minutes till your body crumbles.

About

CENTAURI HEAVY INDUSTRIES is a narrative-driven resource gathering factory simulation game with multiple endings set in the grim darkness of the far future.

Use the arrow keys along with Z and X (or a gamepad) to control your character, harvest resources, and build factories. Figuring out how to unlock all of the endings is part of the challenge. Good luck.

Tips

• There are 3 different endings in the game.
  • You can reclaim factories after they’re used up to get back some of the original cost.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #root_to_remain-0 | 2023-05-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Root to Remain is on the surface a game about planting seeds and growing trees. Ride the river of randomness to achieve your goal.

The rules and game play should be self-explanatory. Should things be unclear, let me know.

One tip for power players: holding X while moving the cursor lets you select fruits and trees, even when there is a seed in the given direction. This can be useful in situations where a fast rooting action is of critical importance.

3 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->