BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Bounce tiny drops that fall from the sky to make music! This began as a 500-character cart for TweetTweetJam 8. Or check this cart out on Itch!

Cart #tiny_drops-3 | 2023-05-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

The latest version adds many more editing features, as well as save/load and audio export.

Controls

• Click and drag the mouse to draw lines, or to move line endpoints.
  • Z/X deletes a line. If your mouse is over a line endpoint, it'll delete that line, otherwise it'll delete the newest line.
  • Left/right changes line sounds. If your mouse is over a line endpoint, it'll change that line's sound, otherwise it'll change the sound for new lines.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #matchin-8 | 2023-05-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Control the box at the bottom and ensure it matches the number/color of the box at the top,
and you must do so before the timer runs out.

Controls

❎/➡️ ~ Increase Number/Color
🅾️/⬅️ ~ Decrease Number/Color

2 comments

Cart #outrider_v1-0 | 2023-05-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Synopsis:

The Earth has been overrun. What remains of humanity has retreated into orbital platform  Arcadia. Go! Outrider, you are the last line of defense. Godspeed!

Controls:

• Use the arrow keys to activate your maneuvering thrusters.
  • X fires the primary weapon (watch out for the recoil!).
  • Z fires your auxiliary tail gun.

Tip: Go easy on the thrusters and control the recoil.

Greetings Picofam! This is my first ever attempt at making a Pico-8 game. It was made mainly by following @Krystman's epic Shmup Tutorial, although there were some bonus concepts I was really keen on experimenting with which led to some wild tangents.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

Cart #mystarmap-0 | 2023-05-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I'm trying to build this to use in my sci-fy game sessions to generate the star maps and calculate distances. I plan to add more stuff in the future if possible like planet details generation

0 comments

KIRBY

Cart #sebopefami-0 | 2023-05-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

random thing i had lying around so i decided to post it because i need some filler while i work on my platformer
edit: that will probably never come out

0 comments

Cart #yibotokg-0 | 2023-05-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Hello,

I'm new to pico-8 and coding in general, so there is probably something obvious that I am missing. I'm trying to both normalize my diagonal movement while also prevent the "jittering" that happens sometimes with pico-8 diagonals. I saw in a Lazy Devs Academy video that we can prevent jittering by setting the sub-pixel position to the center of the pixel on the first frame of diagonal movement. But when I try to implement that here, it stops my normalization from working on speeds above 0.707, and it won't move my pixel at all while the speed is <= 0.707. (cart currently has speed set to 0.7, so diagonal movement doesn't work).

Any idea why this is happening and how I can fix it?

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #wihufutira-0 | 2023-05-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is some practice I made trying to figure out how to make the sprite slide smooth in a map grid and added some weird way of detect collision.

0 comments

Cart #boundary_peaks_tweetcart-0 | 2023-05-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Just a small tweetcart.

0 comments

Cart #lakewitch_thecurse-0 | 2023-05-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hunt during the night as the werewolf

Become human at dawn and run away

Don't let the villagers catch you during the day

*Be careful letting the villagers get too close together, you won't be able to hurt them

Reach the cave at the end of the village to escape

The Curse was originally developed during Weekly Game Jam 160, during the summer of 2020. It went unfinished in time for the submission date but our idea felt too neat to leave unfinished.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

5 comments

Cart #galaxies_collide_screensaver-0 | 2023-05-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

So I wanted to recreate an old screensaver I liked to watch when I was younger. Here is a 2D Pico8 recreation of the galaxy.c screensaver written by Uli Siegmund.

For processing efficiency, each galaxy has one black hole in the center. These black holes are the only source of gravity. None of the stars affect the paths of others.

1 comment

Cart #xtris-2 | 2023-05-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

XTRIS is an arcade-style dexterity game all about catching that elusive green X as many times as you can within 60 seconds. Try the level editor!

Original game concept made in 7 days for TweetTweetJam 8.

Goal

Use the arrow keys to move the white tile toward the green tile! When you collect the green tile, it will move again, so you have to keep chasing it! You have 60 seconds to accumulate as many points as you can!

Controls

Arrow keys // CTRL+R to restart // Z to enter and exit levels // X on title screen to toggle SFX

About

I have developed XTRIS into a full game, but it started out as a game jam submission, which you can

[ Continue Reading.. ]

5 comments

Cart #joerob20_conwaygol-0 | 2023-05-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

An implementation of Conway's Game of Life on the Pico-8!

Many PICO-8 implementations of Conway's Game of Life are very slow at 128x128. This implementation uses the PICO-8's RAM rather than Lua tables to increase performance significantly.

2 comments

Cart #tweettweetplane-0 | 2023-05-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This cart is my entry to TweetTweet Jam 8, where a game is created with 500 characters of source code and using no external assets.

Controls

Use left and right to steer, and up/down to control pitch. The plane glides and conserves its momentum, so pitch down to speed up and pitch back up to slow down. If you hit the ground the cart will restart.

4 comments

Cart #targetgame-0 | 2023-05-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Aim the crosshair over the targets and press 'Z'

1 comment

Made for the Boys & Girls Club to teach about game development

0 comments

Cart #nuherunowu-12 | 2023-07-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

-Player's life and death added!
-Checkpoint added!
-Ability Book now became Ability Orb.
-In getting the Orb, textbox added.
-Player's life and key's HUD added!

Former versions:
v0.8 ↓

Cart #nuherunowu-11 | 2023-07-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

-Various kinds of key and key door added!
-Camera scroll like megaman is back.
-New tile set made.

v0.75 ↓

Cart #nuherunowu-10 | 2023-06-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

-Check ability menu changed a bit. Now can close with × button.
-Hyper Dash became Sneak Dash! Green blink and sfx added.
-Dashing while attacking bug fixed.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #aquaverge-0 | 2023-05-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This is the entry for https://itch.io/jam/bullet-hell-jam-2023

created by
Me, Alethium, https://alethium.itch.io/ (art design, game design, game developer)
Short_demand, https://short-demand.itch.io/ (bullet patterns, shmup research, code support)
Louie Chapm, https://louiechapm.itch.io/ (code tools, set up)

music donated by nyeogmi , https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?uid=61658
         big thanks to everyone who helped on the Lazy Devs Discord, and 
         to the Advanced Shmup Video Tutorial Series
3 comments

Cart #proportional_nav_demo-0 | 2023-05-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Here is a quick demo I threw together to demonstrate Proportional Navigation missiles in 2D. Generally speaking you don't want to put your players against this type of missile unless you want missiles to be very threatening (e.g. Highfleet) or you are going for something more sim-like.

Feel free to reference or use my code. I did my best to make it readable.

5 comments

Cart #pendumlum_sim-0 | 2023-05-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Simple pendulum simulation. Made while procrastinating physics homework. Use the mouse to swing the pendulum.

4 comments

Cart #yolwoocle3d_2023-0 | 2023-05-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is an improved version of an old cart of mine.
Added : better face sorting, perspective projection, lighting and a teapot model.
You're free to suggest improvements. In particular, due to the way I render triangles, there are occasional holes between faces.

If you speak French and wish to learn about how was is made, here is a document with some explanations. Even if you don't speak French, I've included links to helpful English resources about 3D rendering.

Controls:

• Left/Right: rotate Y
  • Up/Down: rotate X

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->