Cart #ditifowezo-0 | 2023-05-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

i tried using _draw instead of a repeat, it made it lag
Cart #ditifowezo-2 | 2023-05-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Cart #idle_slime-2 | 2023-05-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

5 comments

Cart #tweetcart-2 | 2023-05-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Watch and be amazed :)

It was really fun to optimize the code to its limit.

You can just paste this in pico-8.
here is the code:(space is only included in this post)

i=line::h::n=t()/3x=cos(n)*40y=sin(n)*40q=128p=63u=-abs(x)/10for z=0,3do
j=z%2*q
k=z\2*q
i(j,k,x+p,y+p,u)i(j,k,p-x,p-y,u-1)i(j,k,p-x,y+p,u)i(j,k,x+p,p-y,u-1)end
for i=1,999do
pset(rnd(q),rnd(q),0)end
flip()goto h

Im not sure if I can compress it any further, but if you
see anything please comment it.

5 comments

Cart #railblazerost-0 | 2023-05-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I made a non PICO-8 game for Ludum Dare 53, but lucky for you the music was made in PICO-8! Including it on the bbs mainly so it gets added to radico8.

You can play the game for free on itch.io here:
https://alanxoc3.itch.io/rail-blazer

And listen to radico8 here:
https://www.youtube.com/@alanxoc3/live

0 comments

Cart #remco_pakketje-0 | 2023-05-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Had only a little time to make this one, just a single stretch of 16 hours or so. Finally found the time to post it here too!

(Should these be posted under jam instead of cartridges?)

Anyway; Deliver the orders shown at the bottom, but be careful to not drop the ones not wanted at the moment (chart shown at the bottom).

Drop a package to the next belt by pressing Z or X when over the package.

It may not be what you got right now, so there are two ways to correct that:

• Combine some packages by dropping them on each other; which ones combine to others is shown up top.
  • Wait until a new set of orders arrives (when the yellow bar in the bottom runs out).
1 comment

Cart #snelpsciisnake-0 | 2023-05-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Here is a simple snake game I made using the p8scii characters.
I used the DALL-E art generator to create the cartridge image.

1 comment

I'm getting an error.

SYNTAX ERROR LINE 19
PLAYER.SP=2
UNCLOSED FUNCTION

I can't figure it out and here's my code.

function _init()
 player={
		sp=1,
		x=59,
		y=59,
		w=1,
		h=1,
		flp=false,
		speed=2,
		walking=false
	}
end

function _update()
	move()

if walking==true then
		player.sp=2
	end 

else then
		player.sp=1
	end
end

function _draw()
	cls()
	spr(player.sp,player.x,player.y,player.w,player.h,player.flp)
end

function move()
	if btn(0) then
		player.x-=player.speed
		player.walking=true
	end

else if btn(1) then
		player.x+=player.speed
		player.walking=true
	end

else if btn(2) then
		player.y-=player.speed
		player.walking=true
	end

else if btn(3) then
		player.y+=player.speed
		player.walking=true
	end

else
		player.walking=false
	end
end
2 comments

he walk
he run

Cart #chickenrun-2 | 2023-05-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

7 comments

Cart #particles-0 | 2023-05-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Just play around with it.

It´s just a tiny cool cart which fits under 180 token.

Controls:

• c = Spawn dots.
  • x = Cool effect.
  • Up = Stop clearing the screen.

My favorite combinations are:

• Keep pressing c+x.
  • Press c then press x and let go of the c button.
  • Keep pressing x+up then c for a second or so.

Comment your favorite combinations below.

2 comments

Cart #grooveandgoods-0 | 2023-05-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Itch.io GitHub

Game created for Ludum Dare 53 with the theme "delivery".
Enjoy!

CONTROLS:

Movement: Arrow keys

Buying and selling: Cursor, drag and drop from the inventory

Restart cartridge: CTRL + R

Note: Click on the panda to buy stuff!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Demake of Rogue Legacy 1, work in progress.
Posted here to show my friends.

Cart #minilegacy-0 | 2023-05-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

2 comments

Cart #cinterre_islesexpress_1-0 | 2023-05-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Drive a little boat to deliver packages from one island to another, while trying not to crash.
This is my first game jam creation, submitted for Ludem Dare 53, which had the theme 'delivery'.

0 comments

Hello, I know this isn't necessary, but it has just been getting on my nerves, especially after using VSCode. It is kind of annoying to need to slowly scroll with the arrow keys and is especially annoying when you want to scroll all the way left. If there is already a solution that i just havent seen, please let me know. Even wrapping is fine, just i need some way to easily see the rest of the line without using the arrow keys. Its even worse for me because im so used to using the side button on my mouse for horizontal scrolling and in my game there is one really long line that has to do with collitions and i am constantly messing with. I just feel like this would be a major quality-of-life feature.

1 comment

Cart #air_delivery_1-3 | 2023-05-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

You’re a sky-island delivery worker delivering mail to all the nearby islands. Everything runs smoothly until the letters suddenly aren’t being delivered. Find all of the letters and deliver them to their recipients. Maybe they’ll give you something as a thank you.

Controls:

arrow keys - move, climb
Z - jump
X - interact

Originally made in 48 hours for Ludum Dare 53 with the theme "Delivery"

Changelog

V2

• Updated main menu and end screen
  • Added a few new areas to explore
  • Improved ladder grabbing
  • Added coyote time to jumping
  • Added counter for found packages
  • Tweaked dialogue
  • Added transition on death

[ Continue Reading.. ]

40 comments

So this had bugged me for a long while for binary versions of games, how to load in data while the game was running using the serial connection. I had a quick look for examples but couldn't find any, so if anyone else is struggling with how to do it then this code might be useful for you.

To test it down download the code and run it. You should be able to press X to generate some data to your clipboard (or swap code add in printh command). Save that as a text file. When running just drop the file in and you'll be able to see the data being loaded into memory.

You can tweak a few variables to load in anywhere from 0xf to 0xffff.fffff values which you can then post process to have loaded data for your game.

Hopefully this is of some use to someone struggling out there. For me, I'm going to use it for DLC content

NOTE: This doesn't work with BBS games, and when using HTML versions would would need to mess about with the template load it it in that way. This is just purely for binaries or when developing.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

I'm pretty sure I remember this working correctly in a previous version but as of version 0.2.5g if you navigate left/right through patterns in the music editor using the -/= keys on the keyboard, if you get to an empty pattern, the keys no longer work and I haven't been able to find any way to regain control of moving through patterns except by using the mouse.

0 comments

Cart #hellogpt-0 | 2023-05-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

So, I thought I'd give it a shot. Never made any real game on pico8. I simply described what I wanted and asked for clarifications and added features. This was done using ChatGPT 3.5 in about 2 hours. (Could have been much faster. Even the first prompt generated an almost playable though yanky game after fixing a slight error.)

The first prompt was: "In pico-8 implement a side scrolling shooter using gamepad controls. The player spaceship is represented by the string "World world" in white color. It can only move up or down. It is firing shots represented by the character "-". Enemy ships are entering the screen every 3 seconds at random speed and random y coordinates from the right side. They are represented by strings of words randomly drawn from a list containing "wtf", "ftw" and "GPT". They are colored red. Enemy ships are destroyed when touching the shots from the player. The player is destroyed when he touches an enemy ship. Upon destruction, an enemy ship flashes 3 times in white over the course of half a second and then disappears. Upon destruction of the player spaceship, it is moved to the left, off the screen. One second later, it reappears on the left side of the screen. Display two counters at the top of the screen named "Killed" and "Kills". The "Killed" counter increases each time the player ship is destroyed. The "Kills" counter increases each time an enemy ship is destroyed."

1 comment

Cart #bundledumper-5 | 2023-05-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Ludum Dare 52 - Delivery

https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/53

Bundle Dumper: Florida Edition

Hurl babies through five exciting levels (including a tutorial level) in this flappy inspired side scroller with a Floridian twist! Also my first complete PICO-8 game, so now you've been warned.

Controls

It's a PICO-8 game, you get what you get and you don't get much:

• left and right arrows to change direction
  • Z is the circle button (C on keyboards that nobody uses in Florida)
  • X is the cross button (V on keyboards that nobody uses in Florida)
  • But save yourself the wrist strain and just use a gamepad/controller!!!

Mechanics

• Flapping increases vertical AND horizontal momentum (that is, flapping while turning changes your direction faster)

[ Continue Reading.. ]

5 comments

Cart #poppycocksperfectparcels-0 | 2023-05-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I've been enjoying playing around with Pico-8 recently, and decided to use it to enter Ludum Dare 53. The theme was Delivery, so I made a ChuChu Rocket inspired arcade puzzler sim thing - place arrows to direct the lorries to make deliveries.

LD entry page here:
https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/53/poppycocks-perfect-packages

I didn't realise until way too late that I'd need to make a cartridge label image and cover image, so sorry if it looks a bit garish!

0 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->