BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

The BGM of the traffic information "BayFM Traffic Updates" on BayFM, Chiba, Japan.
BayFM
https://www.bayfm.co.jp/

Cart #bayfmtrafficupdates-0 | 2023-04-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

3 comments

Cart #lkwtchswmsam-1 | 2023-04-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Help the samurai recover its lost armor as it floats by underwater! Avoid sea creatures by tapping the button and collect each piece of the suit.

Controls

Press X to swim.

[8x8]
[8x8]
[8x8]

• First, collect the boots.
  • Then, grab the suit.
  • Finally, collect the helmet and escape!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

Updated cart with menus and the ability to continue from the last level you got to, plus a more complete tutorial:

Cart #jerumabebi1-0 | 2023-04-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

I have added an interactive tutorial since I noticed first time players couldn't figure out what the aim was, or how to do stuff. Press the o button to access it.

I'm hoping I ironed most of the bugs out of it, please let me know if you find any

Cart #jerumabebi-0 | 2023-04-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

7 comments

Cart #justasongboys-0 | 2023-04-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

2 comments

Cart #dimensionaljump-0 | 2023-04-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Dimensional Jump

This is the second game I've worked on, but I couldn't have done it without the support of everyone who helped, scroll down or check out the credits at the end. Much of the development was streamed Live on Twitch.

Before we get into the gameplay, I wanted ask if you'd consider supporting this game so we can make more games in the future. https://abemassry.itch.io/dimensional-jump

Now that that's out of the way, let's begin.

title_screen

A journey through the dimensions from dimension zero to the third dimension.

Level 0

level_zero

[ Continue Reading.. ]

6 comments

Cart #theeflightless-6 | 2023-05-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Hi! This is the first game I've made. It's a short, difficult, and very forgiving platformer in which I tried to use gliding in as many interesting ways as I could. Hope you enjoy! (Note: This game was intended to be played with checkpoints turned on. I am not responsible if you turn them off for your first playthrough and suffer.)

Music by Mendica - https://www.youtube.com/@mendica

10 comments

Cart #moonpatrol-1 | 2023-05-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My Pico-8 game based on the 1982 Irem/Williams arcade game.

How to Play

Clear the course by jumping or shooting the obstacles.

Thanks To

• Finn for testing
  • Music thanks to notehead (@noteheadmusic)

Version History

0.81 - 17-Apr-2023 - Released
0.82 - 06-May-2023 - Fixed crash if particles had physics at end of level

8 comments

Simple raycast test.

Cart #mulperiraycast-0 | 2023-04-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

6 comments

Yo @zep,

By default, split(str) has a go at each split element to see if it's possibly a number, presumably using tonum(elem). You can disable this with split(str, false) or split(str, delim_or_width, false).

Unfortunately, unlike tonum(str, 1), you can't hint the format of the number, like I could by saying tonum("fe", 1) to get 254 aka 0xfe. I tried replacing the split() boolean arg with a number, but it didn't seem to get passed through.

I don't know if you're actually using tonum() inside split(), so maybe I'm assuming too much, but if you are, could you just pass any numeric conversion flag direct to it? That'd let us convert hex directly to numbers with something like split("baadf00d", 4, 1) returning {-17747,-483}.

1 comment

Cart #aimatrix-1 | 2023-04-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

αίμα: "blood"
matrix: an array of numbers in two dimensions

Leech life and numerological signs from the mortals of Batavia to rebuild your dominion. Feed the eternal bleeding cross, but don't let your greed outstrip your curiosity, lest the Master return from his grave.

(It's 2048 with vampires, plus a "match tiles to see people walk across the screen" mechanic inspired by the old flash game Jericho. An unusual amount of thought went into the interaction design of this one, similar to the slot machine-like parts of my earlier carts.)

​Thanks to skdaffle for drawing the one big image in the game!

4 comments

Cart #raincatcher2-0 | 2023-05-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

rainccatcher 2 (still work in progress)

I am not sure if I should finish this game.
If feel like the code is rather messy and as a result I needed to take a step back.
At this moment I don't feel like coming back to it, but I might in the future.

I do like how the art turned out. That is the main reason I put it here (although the animations are still very buggy).

For anyone playing, the guy on the right will take the pot when the plant is grown. You can then go and grab a new pot from the guy on the left.
the idea was to grow as many plants as the time allows, but that hasn't been implemented yet.
It also still needs some kind of extra chalenge like something you need to avoid. Right now not much is happening.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

stat(90) and neighbors give us wall clock time, which is useful for logging. However, at more than 1fps we'll get the same wall clock time on consecutive ticks/frames. It would be nice to be able to get milliseconds as well to disambiguate high frequency logs, without needing to track a frame counter in my game code.

1 comment

My first PICO8 game from 2016

Cart #zonerush-0 | 2023-04-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

2 comments

Cart #boytest-1 | 2023-04-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

Exactly what it sounds like: a sand simulator.

Use the mouse to control where to put sand, left-click (or X) to place sand, and right-click (Z) to place normal, non-falling blocks.

it is very computationally intensive, be warned

Cart #sand_simulator-0 | 2023-04-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

3 comments

Cart #deepening-0 | 2023-04-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

early prototype of my Shmup Submariner.

Here just a bit of tech i designed to show the submarines march towards the deep.

segments controls when it changes depth levels, depth controls all the pal shifting.

-Alice

5 comments

Cart #super_blowout-0 | 2023-04-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This was just a cute little exercise in integration of my explosions into another cartridge.
my partner asked me to make breakout with explosions so i used GPT-4 to help me whip this up real fast.

its buggy but i just wanted something funny to be my first post here.

-Alice-

4 comments

Cart #firewind-3 | 2023-04-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Move wind: ← →
Stop fire: hold X

3 comments

create wavy animated patterns and find new combinations! just for fun

Cart #channel_wave-0 | 2023-04-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

hello, im getting an error on pico 8 about <EOF> needed near 'end'
i tried everything, please help!

3 comments