BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #abetterworld-0 | 2023-04-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a text-based clicker/incremental/idle game about building a city that has harmony with the planet.

Use Z to collect resources manually, then use them to construct buildings which collect and unlock new resources.
As you build your community, you will unlock new buildings and larger civilizations.
Upgrade your community enough and acquire a Golden Orchid, which you can then use to Prestige and start over with a boost.
You will unlock the ability to build your Utopia after the third prestige.

It's the second game I have made, and was largely done with the help of ChatGPT.
It took a long time, and needed precise instructions, but it wrote 99% of the code for me.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

Cart #sokovirus-8 | 2024-09-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a simple Sokoban game about a little virus and the crazy adventures he goes on. This is my first Pico 8 game. You can start a new game or play any of the levels from the main menu. This was created over the last month. Big shout-out to Lazy Devs Academy and Nerdy Teachers for the awesome tutorials and sound advice! You can read the postmortem in the following thread: https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=52398

Controls:

Operate the menus/restart level with the O buttons and arrow keys.

Featuring:

Groovy Menus:

Amazing Gameplay:

[ Continue Reading.. ]

8 comments

Developing SokoVirus

I started working on this game near the beginning of March. I set out to make a sokoban game of some kind after watching Lazy Devs Academy’s video on 5 good starter genres. I used the first few episodes of his roguelike tutorials to get my character moving and doing what I wanted.

The first big hurdle was in understanding movement animations. The roguelike tutorial was based on an 8x8 movement grid, so any movements were offset by 8. I would still say animation is a difficult subject for me, but I want to grow in it.

For the story, I had the general idea of a hacker trying to get into different servers. My first few character concepts are shown in the early screenshots (I enjoyed the little mouse cursor dude). The theme sort of came about as I was developing the game. Another thing that came about randomly through the development was the actual levels. Most of them came from me looking at random shapes and seeing if I could make a puzzle out of them. I also played some other Sokoban games for inspiration (I learned I do not have the best patience for them. This is why I added the save feature).

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

Cart #bbb_01_aesc-0 | 2023-04-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Spring is here... sheep are still dumb.

Chase sheep into their pen; as many as you can before time runs out! Each sheep successfully herded extends your time. Sadly, the sheep aren't particularly bothered about co-operating. Good luck!

Controls: Move with Arrow Keys

Thanks for playing!

This is my first game, first complete coding project... first post?! Started teaching myself to code at the start of the year, and this is the first result. I haven't really looked at many forums etc (including this one), because I wanted to complete the first project myself before getting input from other people etc. But I do plan to be more active going forward!

My goals for this game were pretty simple:

[ Continue Reading.. ]

5 comments

Cart #shootandrunv012-0 | 2023-04-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #shootandrun-0 | 2023-04-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hello, everyone, i am start to education pico-8, this is first version of co-op game, where you with your friend shoot at monsters, but if you miss, then the bullet continues to fly along the eucrane, and if you crash into one of you, you will lose, but if you crash into a monster, it will disappear and kill him.

v.0.1 Now without monsters(. But monsters will appear in future.

v.0.1.1 Now with monsters

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #pico_blast-1 | 2023-04-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hello everyone, i'm french.
I am new to game development and here are my first steps with this little game that I will continue to improve to experiment while having fun.

Rev 1:
Added invisible walls for the player
Added smoke from player reactors
Added scraps when an opponent explodes

4 comments

yay my fiwst game owo!!
(may be buggy!!)

Cart #first_game-2 | 2023-04-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

1 comment

I made another celeste mod :/
I can't stop I need serious professional help

Cart #badberries-0 | 2023-04-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This mod is pretty much real time celester by @AdamMcKibben but instead of customizing the corruption at the beginning, it starts at the default corruption time (120) and every time you collect a strawberry, it changes the corrupt amount by 10 (default in the original is 25)

If you collect no strawberries, it is the exact same as the vanilla game

Thanks to @AdamMcKibben and @noel for real time celester and celeste
https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=35860
https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=2145

14 comments

Cart #juggle_struggle-1 | 2023-04-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Juggle Struggle

Hey guys, I've finished my very first Pico-8 game.

I've had so much fun using my artistic skills creating sprites for the game and enlisting the aid of GPT 4 to help with the coding. It's been an adventure filled with excitement and some frustration trying to rangle GPT into line to get it to output the code I needed. There are some pretty cool particle effects, music and sound effects. Play as you listen to the calming waves.

Here's GPT 4's marketing blurb for the game...
Unleash your inner juggler with "Juggle Struggle"! 🤹‍♂️ This groovy game will have you bouncin' balls and smashin' targets like a true pixelated pro. Can you keep up with the ever-increasing tempo, or will you drop the ball (literally)? Hop into the arena and show off your mad juggling skills. After all, why juggle responsibilities when you can juggle virtual balls instead? 😎 So, ready to join the struggle? Let's juggle! 🎮

[ Continue Reading.. ]

6 comments

Gameplay is a simplified Katamari-like game re-imagined for the 8-bit era.

Cart #toomgis-3 | 2023-04-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

2 comments

Cart #picodex-0 | 2023-04-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Welcome to the world of PICO-8 Pokemon! Picodex is a complete generation 1 Pokemon battle simulator, with slight modifications, that fits within a single 32KB PICO-8 cartridge.

Standard PICO-8 controls apply to this game. For a computer keyboard this is: "arrows", "x/z", "enter".

There are 6 modes in Picodex:

• BROWSE: View all Pokemon you have unlocked along with stats and possible moves.
  • EDIT: Edit up to 3 teams. Customize Pokemon and movesets in each team.
  • LEAGUE: Battle against trainers in the Pokemon league.
  • VERSUS: Take turns playing a custom match between you and a friend.
  • HORDE: Have your team battle all 151 Pokemon in order with no breaks.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

10 comments

Cart #penonunomi-0 | 2023-04-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Sorry StrongSand94191, I made it.
Thanks to Corangecc for making drunkeste!

2 comments

The original Space Taxi divided up its 24 levels into three "shifts" of eight levels each corresponding to the easy, medium and hard levels. And it turns out eight levels is about what I'm able to fit on a single cart so I've decided to release the game by shift and then merge them all together into a single multi-cart game when I'm done. It's actually already multi-cart with one for displaying the menu and loading the level data into upper memory and the other for actually running the game.

The first one, Morning Shift, is not quite finished but it is fully playable. The first level is a copy of the first level from the original game as sort of an homage to it but the rest of the levels are original. And they could use some play testing. If anyone is willing I'd be happy to hear any feedback.

Cart #space_taxi-2 | 2023-05-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

[ Continue Reading.. ]

10 comments

Cart #hizutotegi-3 | 2023-04-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Description

Making a little game where you buy something in a convenience store.

Changes:

v0.3

• The slushy machine now works. You can add a slushy to your inventory or cause a spill.
  • The freezer has a humming noise and you can add a ice lolly to your inventory.
  • The wet floor sign will now reset it's position if it is stuck in a wall for more than 3 seconds.

v0.4

• Fixed bug where the sfx doesn't play.
  • Slight changes to the music.
  • Can now grab items from the shelves.
2 comments

Cart #spaceballs-1 | 2023-04-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

my first game, spaceballs!

controls-
x- select
o- back
x- use move(ingame)

a highly addictive space pool simulation with multiple modes and co-op

you can enjoy being the white ball and ramming the little balls into the goals or use the launch move to
simulate a more poolcue-like experience

i hope you enjoy i thought it was super fun so tell your friends!

patch 1.1 notes-
screenshake is scaled based on ball speed/direction, goals are smaller for difficulty,
and balls bouncing off goals when their speed is over 2 pps is fixed now,
as well as a menu selection bug

patch 1.2 notes-
added music, game is finished:)

4 comments

Cart #kwikrick_spinner-0 | 2023-04-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Trippy spinning images.

Just some fun playing around with TLINE.

WARNING:
This program displays stroboscopic flashing images!
It may potentially trigger seizures in people with photosensitive epilepsy.

1 comment

Here's yet another piece of simple data compression code:

Cart #simple_lz-0 | 2023-04-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I wrote this for a (hopefully) upcoming player cart for RP-8 songs, in order to be able to pack as much RP-8 song data as possible into the spritesheet/map/sfx/music area of the cart. The compression technique is basically LZSS, with a couple of small changes / enhancements:

• The code supports strings longer than 32kB - it will break them into 32kB blocks for compression and reassemble those blocks after decompression.
  • Literals are move-to-front encoded.
  • Match offsets, match lengths, and MTF literals are encoded using Elias gamma coding. The lowest N bits (N is a separately tunable parameter for offsets and literals, N is fixed to 0 for lengths) are encoded as usual, the remaining high-order bits are Elias gamma encoded.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #tidiyonr-0 | 2023-04-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a PICO-8 game I made called Isolation Breach. It is based one of the hacking mini game from Alien Isolation.

https://github.com/gcoulby/isolation-breach-p8/raw/main/isolation-breach.p8.png

Instructions

The goal of the game is to identify the patterns in the callback code and select them from the bottom in order from left to right.

You can move the cursor around the screen using ⬅️➡️ and pressing 🅾️ to select a number.

You will gain points based on the time it takes you to find the target number and the level of difficulty you have selected.

This game stores your high score locally on your PICO-8 console.

3 comments

Cart #mamono_pico-2 | 2023-04-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This game is a twist of the Minesweeper game.
It was created by Hojamaka games in 2015.
In this game, bombs are replaced by monsters.
Each monster has a level.
You have to kill all the monsters to win.
You can kill monsters with a level lower than or equal to yours.
Your level increase by killing monsters.
The numbers in squares are the sum of the levels of the monsters in the adjacent squares.
The game contains a more complete tutorial.

you can try original here :
http://www.hojamaka.com/game/mamono_sweeper_easy/html5/en.html
or search mamono on google play

20 comments

x=64
y=30

r=5

g=0.1

dx=2
dy=0

floor=100

elastic=0.95