BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

One-off characters animation tool

Cart #oneoff_animation-0 | 2023-02-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1.Draw you sprite in the editor
only in one color.
Starting at 0-15.

But set the frames to how many frame you use.
so you don't get blank sprites

2.Run the cart and press❎ to
export the code to the clipboard.

3.Go back in to the cart and
paste that code in to the sp as shown in the cart
then name the table how you like

4.then call the
animation function like so.

animate(name,x,y,spd,color1,color2)

hope it someone can use it
if so let me know it would be
nice to hear.

0 comments

Hello.

One cart I made called, "Most Creepy Acid Effect" does not appear when I click my alias, then click on Cartridges, then click on either Releases or All.

https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?uid=15232&mode=carts&sub=0#m

It seems like all of my other carts are appearing - except for the "Most Creepy" one.

https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=49876

It is not a work in progress or Jam - it is listed as "CARTRIDGES" - so it should appear there and does not.

@zep please let me know what can be done here to remedy this situation.

0 comments

I don't have any reproduction steps, however one of the featured carts crashed on me earlier today.

The error message that it produced makes me think this is coming from the internals of pico-8 unfortunatly the text is truncated.

I DO NOT have any replication steps. Others have suggested that this error occurs when an error happens with a coroutine.

I did check the code of the cart and the word HEADER didn't appear in it.

0 comments

Cart #manic_miner_test1-0 | 2023-02-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

quick mockup i made of manic miner for the zx spectrum beeb etc.

will add more later

0 comments

Cart #carlosimulator-0 | 2023-02-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Itch.io Link

What is This?

Carlos' life is depressing. Help him.

How To Play?

Move your cursor.

Play Z/X/C/V/N/M to press.

Pick different options, and don't make Carlos die.

Making of Carlos Simulator

Carlos Simulator is an unofficial sequel to Carlos's Journey 2Bee Stupid, which a link I am not able to find to. It was made by me, D3V?, using Pico-8 in about a week. Don't get offended, you have been warned.

6 comments

Cart #ummmm_ok_raycaster2-0 | 2023-02-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

ok it's better now, but runs at 1 fps and idek how to optimize it cos reading is too hard. in the for all in rays loop i've commented out something that doesn't work for some reason? help please

1 comment

Cart #gojitakinu-0 | 2023-02-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

Hi Zep! :)

0.2.5g: In non-C-style for loops, if a multi-line comment is opened/closed before the first variable declaration, without trailing whitespace before the variable name, it will throw a syntax error. All other situations seem to be okay:

--[[ok]]foo = --[[ok]]{1}

--ok
for --[[ok]]i=0,1 do
	print(foo[i])
end

for --[[ok]] v in all(foo) do
	print(v)
end

for --[[ok]] k, --[[ok]]v in pairs(foo) do
	print(v)
end

for --[[ok]] k, --[[ok]]v in ipairs(foo) do
	print(v)
end

--not ok
for --[[oops]]v in all(foo) do
	print(v)
end

for --[[oops]]k, --[[ok]]v in pairs(foo) do
	print(v)
end

for --[[oops]]k, --[[ok]]v in ipairs(foo) do
	print(v)
end
7 comments

Cart #sodi-0 | 2023-02-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

kitty platformer

9 comments

Cart #applebliteration-0 | 2022-12-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

i remade a game that ive never played before from (a vague) memory to try out pico-8.
i looked up the game after making this, and turns out its about chucking knives into logs, not daggers into apples.

2 comments

Cart #jsabinpico8-0 | 2023-02-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

just a small demake of jsab without music or with a pattern

i made this in 10 minutes lol

2 comments

A tool to save your pfill patterns.
Just add the pfill to the list in the cart.
Then run the cart click on any of you patterns
Use left & right mouse button to select colors.
and it will be saved to the clipboard.
let me know if you like or use it.
:)

Cart #quick_fillp-1 | 2023-02-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

It's Lovebyte this weekend, and I made a couple of size-coded intros for it. First up is an invite to another demoscene party: SESSIONS in C4 LAN 2023 SPRING, taking place in Shizuoka / Japan end of April. This one is 512 bytes, around 100 of which are for the music (don't wait for the drop!):

Cart #sessions_2023-0 | 2023-02-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I also tried a bunch of 64 byte intros based on poking semi-structured patterns into ram that could double as audio and visual data. This is the one that I submitted to the 64 byte compo:

Cart #attack_on_venus-0 | 2023-02-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #bananacupnanasadventure-0 | 2023-02-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Nana's Adventure is a single-cart PICO-8 game I made over the course of a month or so, it's a simple action-rpg type game with a variety of enemies and items. It was my first time making music in any context, so I hope it's not too bad lol. There is a trailer for the game on YouTube.

If you're downloading the P8.PNG file and you're interested in the code, I highly recommend downloading the spreadsheet "stuff.xlsx" found on the itch.io page as the code is much harder to understand without it due to having to strip comments.

Originally I had intended for a few more features such as rare enemies with unique drops and such, but I was unable to fit it in due to the PICO-8's constraints. I pushed the limits as far as I could, anyway.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

7 comments

Cart #ummmm_ok_map_generator-1 | 2023-09-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

not particularly special. it's mostly annoying and you can just follow an obvious path to the end.

arrow keys to move, X to restart, O to place a breadcrumb, go to the star.

it's heavily commented in case you wanna look at that.

1 comment

Cart #sevenminuteworkout-0 | 2023-02-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #fofogrow-0 | 2023-02-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

greatest game ever

0 comments

Cart #tephratoil-5 | 2023-02-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Tephra Toil

As a vulcanologist of the future you have an advaned system for scanning tephra as it is thrown from the volcano.

In order to complete your research you must scan all the types of tephra and escape the volcano with your precious research.

Controls

• Movement — ⬅️ ➡️
  • Dive — ⬇️ (for fun!)
  • Start / restart at game over — ❎ / X

Get close to the rising tephra in order to scan it, the more you scan the closer you get to completing your research and furthering humanity's understanding of hot flying rock.

Game Jam

This is an entry for the sixteenth Eggplant Community Game Jam #16 where the theme is "Falling Deep".

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

Cart #onek_shooter-0 | 2023-02-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a shooter I made with less than 1k compressed bytes

2 comments

Hi, PICO-8 people!

I've had a copy of the console for a while and have lurked here for a few years now. I never got around to doing anything cool with the PICO-8 until I joined the Game By Its Cover jam over on itch.io four months ago!

I made a minimum viable product to submit to the jam on its original due date, and then finally returned to the game this past month and redid everything. Now I have something that I'm pleased with, and would like to share!

Here is WORM•HOLE! It's like asteroids but with gravity.

Cart #worm_hole-2 | 2023-04-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

P.S. I haven't listed WORM•HOLE as Creative Commons only because I don't hold rights to the name- I was given permission to use it from the artist whose cartridge art I based the game on. Feel free to use the code and in-game assets for anything else, though! I've applied the Unlicense on my itch.io page.

2 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->