BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #picouno-3 | 2023-01-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Uno clone with the dev mouse.

edit: fixed the mouse ty Ummmm_ok!
edit: fixed reshuffle ty phil!

3 comments

Sealsurf

A game about seals, fish, and pollution.

Cart #sealsurf-0 | 2023-01-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

As a seal, you must venture out to eat all the fish you can find. But, due to those darn humans, there's trash everywhere! How much can you eat before hitting garbage?

3 comments

Cart #wigumuweme-2 | 2023-01-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A christmas platformer made for family. Features a small bird trying to escape a factory for himself and his friends. Fly around as a real birb. Enjoy!

EDIT: After feedback I have updated the cart to fix some bugs, add a coin counter at the end and translate to english. Thanks!

6 comments

Coffee Rush

Cart #mrmidnight7331-8 | 2023-05-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Date: 23.01.2023

Description

This is the first game I've ever made, feel free to change it or copy it.

Controls

Press "❎" for jumping. Press "🅾️" for pause-menu

Info

This game has an end. When you reach a score of 10000, the game will end. At score 5000 the game will start to go faster and much harder.

Changelog

• Fixed minor bugs
  • Added a pause menu
3 comments

Cart #djapayatu-0 | 2023-01-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

v0.2.0
-add minimap
-double # of nation colors
-add borrow action
-minor text copy updates

6 comments

Cart #rndflowergarden-0 | 2023-01-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

A thing I made in school

3 comments

Cart #pendulist-4 | 2023-01-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Pendulist

Instructions:

• Balance the "pendulum" so it is always pointing up;
  • If the pendulum falls, the tunnel becomes grey and the game is over. No more coins will come;
  • Use the ball of the pendulum to touch coins to increase your score;
  • As time passes, the pendulum gets smaller and controlling it gets harder;
  • Getting coins will make the pendulum longer;
  • Try getting the highest score!

Version history:
v1.1:

• Coins yield more length
  • More coins fall as the pendulum gets shorter
  • Made the pendulum lose equilibrium after some time, to avoid players just waiting
  • Fixed a bug when leaving the pendulum shrink indefinitely

[ Continue Reading.. ]

6 comments

Cart #bart-0 | 2023-01-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Hi !

I'm looking to do something a bit weird with the PICO-8 and didn't find anything in the manual that would point to a solution. Maybe someone has done something along those lines already ?

What I would like to do is to control the PICO-8 console itself, irrespective of the cartridge running, through an external program.
Mainly, I would want to reset the console and/or change the cartridge via the external program, without having a specific cartridge loaded, inputs on the PICO-8 itself or closing and restarting the PICO-8. (I believe that resetting only could work, by loading a specific path for the cartridge and changing the file directly ?)

I don't really have a preference on the way this control could be done, just being able to would be enough.
Maybe the PICO-8 could be integrated in the program itself, as in Celeste, but I haven't found anything related to that while searching the web.

It's a bit of a specific use case (I'm trying to use a physical cartridge to use on the PICO-8), but I would appreciate any help or pointers !

[ Continue Reading.. ]

7 comments

Cart #inkspill-7 | 2023-01-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a flood-it clone inspired by the game Ink Spill from the book "Making Games with Python & Pygame". This game and also some of the others that I have already done and published here are part of a personal challenge which consists in doing clones of these games.

How to play

In order to win you have to flood the entire board with one color within a certain number of moves. You can do a flood fill on the tip left tile, changing the color of any adjacent tiles of the same color.

Controls

• Change color - ⬅️/➡️
  • Flood fill - 🅾️/Z/C

[ Continue Reading.. ]

15 comments

Cart #axiomdiegoarthur-0 | 2023-01-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Just got Pico-8 so I am testing it with a basic game.

0 comments

I ended up mostly skipping Genuary because of Ludum Dare, but today I decided to write a tiny village generator.

Cart #generator20220122-0 | 2023-01-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This took me about one hour to write. Every time you run the cart, a new tiny village is generated.

There is nothing special going on. Walls are placed first, then doors and floors following a flood fill algorithm. Everything else is placed by sampling the map hundreds of times and checking for placing conditions.

The code is a bit of a mess and, looking back, I can see several easy places to reduce token count and increase variety. Maybe I'll revisit this before the end of the month. Maybe not.

I hope I'll have some time in march to participate in 7DRL. I have ideas I want to put into practice.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #denehtuy-0 | 2023-01-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My first attempt on pico game. Starting with classic. Undone. Some animations required as bug fixes.

2 comments

Cart #puhajukizi-0 | 2023-01-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Aquatic ventures!

aquatic ventures is a game where you're a fish, running from other fish!

I know, not that much fun, but it was fun making it!

Share your survival time with your friends, as it gets saved!

Controls

• arrow keys to move
1 comment

Cart #oraphin-0 | 2023-01-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is Oraphin's Fish Simulator. Control Oraphin Killster through the side of a lake and make him collect 100 fish.
Watch out though, a Goomba is trying to take you down cause it was not having a good day.

Controls: Arrow keys to move. that's all you need to know.

Press X to change music to a more weirder tune.

Warning! This game gets near impossible to beat after you collect 50 fish. You have been warned

There's no reset option so you will have to restart the cart to try again if you die.

This game was made during my time in my Computer Science class. It's not the best cause this is my first real game. at least it works!

Enjoy!

3 comments

CyberBox

Cart #cyberbox-1 | 2023-01-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This is a PICO-8 port of CyberBox, one of my favorite DOS puzzle games, originally created by Doug Beeferman in 1991. You can play the original game in your browser here.

Music: Pico-8 Tunes Volume 1.
Fireworks: Particle Tutorial: Fireworks.

5 comments

Cart #lil_guy_runner_demo-0 | 2023-01-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a little demo I've been toying with. Its really barely a game, but it does show off a couple useful functions:

• Generated ground tiles with some decorations.
  • Collision detection between the player character and the generated ground.
  • Drawing triangles.
  • Rope physics effects, used for the characters tail and flags.
  • Some simple decorations, like clouds and background mountains.

There's really no "Game" in the sense that there's no objective or fail condition (although if you fall off the screen you're probably in a non-recoverable scenario).

2 comments

Cart #tazapifije-0 | 2023-01-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

For now I'm only posting to make it easier to share this game with my friends for feedback. I'll write instructions on how to play later

6 comments

Cart #to_take_root_among_the_stars_1-7 | 2023-02-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Itch.io Link

Introduction

To take root Among the Stars is a short narrative platformer.

Play as Mei Hashimoto, one of the colonists send to an exoplanet to prepare it for the arrival of the rest of humanity.

Explore the colony and its surrounding flora and fauna. Talk to your fellow colonists and send a message to earth via the relay station at the top of the nearby mountain.

Controls

Movement

[ Continue Reading.. ]

32 comments

A tiny little time trial game inspired by Balloon Fight. How much stuff can you collect before the timer runs out?

Cart #soulair01-0 | 2023-01-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

2 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->